Skoda Elroq confirmed for 2024 launch - will replace the Karoq

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The Skoda Elroq is set to arrive in 2024 as the Czech brand’s next all-electric SUV.

This SUV is due to be revealed in 2024, and it’ll replace the Skoda Karoq in the lineup.

The Elroq will sit below the Enyaq iV as a smaller SUV in the lineup, but will be built on the same platform used by its larger sibling. The Elroq will be the first car from Skoda’s range to sport the brand’s latest design language, which will also spawn an even smaller electric SUV.

Skoda design boss Oliver Stefani previously told Autocar that the minimalistic and functional look “conveys a sense of security and radiates strength” while also “enhancing the aerodynamics of the vehicles we will be adding to our portfolio in the future”.

You can find out more here: Skoda Elroq Forum

Compact_Elroq(1).JPG

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

According to the Skoda Storyboard website, it will provide an alternative to the Karoq and not replace it. Skoda are very aware of the problems they will face if they try to replace all ICE cars with more expensive electric cars too soon, and while there may not be a Karoq Mk 2 coming, I expect the existing car to continue to be sold for some years to come.

And if I'm wrong, I'll be sitting on a gold mine as mine will be appreciating in value!!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post