Changes to the Highway Code

The place to discuss everything else..
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum!🤪
Thanks to a contributor quoted on the Yeti forum.

"There are important changes to the highway code this year. Don't shoot the messenger I also think they are good intentions very poorly thought out. The text is not very clear but the coloured arrows show who has priority, but do not explain why a cyclist who is continuing in a straight line is on the offside of a car turning right. I can almost hear the squelch of a phone zombie.

Three very important changes are being made to the Highway Code — they come into effect in the New Year:
1) New hierarchy of road users prioritising pedestrians and then cyclists over other road users
2) Priority for cyclists over cars when cars are turning
3) Pedestrians having priority over cars at junctions plus changes to cyclist positioning to ensure better visibility"
See HC diagrams by clicking below
https://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/cdn-cg ... -png.7093/
https://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/cdn-cg ... -png.7094/
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

Just another ill thought out government edict, can see more accidents as a result of these new rules, goes along with decision s made on wind power, electric vehicles, banning gas boilers, all with benefits but ill thought out..
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

bryfly48 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:23 pm Just another ill thought out government edict, can see more accidents as a result of these new rules, goes along with decision s made on wind power, electric vehicles, banning gas boilers, all with benefits but ill thought out..
This spring I can see a lot of pedestrians and cyclists having near misses as they use their newly acquired rights while dozy drivers who haven't opened a copy of the Highway Code since they passed their driving test frantically try to stop before running over people... and no doubt swearing at them to get out of the way!!

I for one will be very cautious at junctions whether I'm on foot, on a bike, or driving!!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hopefully many pedestrians and cyclists won't bother to read the highway code (let alone car drivers!!) so it will probably go unnoticed by all and sundry!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)