We are safe.

The place to discuss everything else..
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Following the sale of the Kodiaq Forum to the Canadians, and their generally 'not liked' new platform, I wrote to The owner of this, the Enyaq and HR-V fora, begging him not to sell the sites to the Canadian, or any other, company, thereby subjecting us to the 'clunky', awkward site that the Kodiaq has become.
Today, I received confirmation that he has no intention of selling any of the above, or changing the platforms, apart from occasional updates. :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

As a refugee from the Kodiaq forum, is there any chance we can have some small Kodiaq sections here please?

I don't like the new software they have used, or the new management, but I don't want to be left homeless forumwise!

Thanks in advance, and hello everyone btw!
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 am Following the sale of the Kodiaq Forum to the Canadians, and their generally 'not liked' new platform, I wrote to The owner of this, the Enyaq and HR-V fora, begging him not to sell the sites to the Canadian, or any other, company, thereby subjecting us to the 'clunky', awkward site that the Kodiaq has become.
Today, I received confirmation that he has no intention of selling any of the above, or changing the platforms, apart from occasional updates. :D
Good news... but I wonder why they sold off the Kodiaq (and presumably the Ateca) fora. Were they less used perhaps? Although as yet the Enyaq forum is presumably fairly small too?
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Perhaps Rob was getting too many to be able to run properly?
I would have thought the Atecaforum was rather poorly used, as I gather SEAT are one of the brands suffering badly from the semi-conductor shortage and there aren't many of them. Whereas the Enyaq will grow as EVs become more popular.
I would think Hyundai might be a bit concerned by the Enyaq as it is so similar to the Ioniq5 and a lot cheaper. If i could afford one and actually wanted to be restricted by EV driving, I know which one I'd go for!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

Can you raise it with Rob please!
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

kodiaq wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:36 am Perhaps Rob was getting too many to be able to run properly?
I would have thought the Atecaforum was rather poorly used, as I gather SEAT are one of the brands suffering badly from the semi-conductor shortage and there aren't many of them. Whereas the Enyaq will grow as EVs become more popular.
I would think Hyundai might be a bit concerned by the Enyaq as it is so similar to the Ioniq5 and a lot cheaper. If i could afford one and actually wanted to be restricted by EV driving, I know which one I'd go for!!
Yeh... to my mind the short range and long refuelling times only suit a second car, and I can't afford one just to go shopping in! But I've got a feeling battery powered cars are a dead end, and the future really lies in hydrogen powered fuel cells driving electric motors. Yet another infrastructure needed of course! But I'm of an age where my Karoq could well be the last car I'll buy anyway :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Chris,
I agree entirely with all your points above. except your last sentence. Since I have ordered an HR-V e:HEV.
Having worked all my life for Shell Retail I have always considered E to be a (long) flash in the pan stop-gap.
Hydrogen is obviously the way ahead, but the Government seems to be blind to the sensible option.
I'm just waiting for the national grid to collapse all across the country in 10-15 years (If I'm still alive!!) when everyone plugs their cars in when they get back from work, turn on the kettle and the telly and the surge will blow every trip in the system.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

Ok I guess people are just going to ignore what I'm saying.

I'll stop wasting my time.