Auto Light Assist / Adaptive Front Lights / Automatic Headlight Control

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

Can anyone explain the difference between these features please? I'm looking at buying a Karoq but wonder how these features differ from each other:-

Auto Light Assist (a £200 option on the Karoq)
Adaptive Front Lights (I believe already included on the Karoq)
Automatic Headlight Control (I believe already included on the Karoq)

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

CrunchieCat wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am Can anyone explain the difference between these features please? I'm looking at buying a Karoq but wonder how these features differ from each other:-

Auto Light Assist (a £200 option on the Karoq)
Adaptive Front Lights (I believe already included on the Karoq)
Automatic Headlight Control (I believe already included on the Karoq)
Automatic Headlight Control turns the lights on and off depending on time of day, and the natural light conditions.

Adaptive Front Lights changes the spread of the LED headlights depending on where you are driving - there are 4 modes, urban, extra-urban, motorway, and bad weather.

Automatic Light Assist dips the LED headlights automatically, by the minimum amount possible giving the driver improved visibility without dazzling other drivers (have a look on YouTube, there are some videos showing how it works on the Superb). I specified it as an option, and it works really well.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

Thank you bone_tone, your clear explanations have told me all I need to know. I'll definitely add the Auto Light Assist package to my Karoq, and the other two features should already be present.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

CrunchieCat wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 pm Thank you bone_tone, your clear explanations have told me all I need to know. I'll definitely add the Auto Light Assist package to my Karoq, and the other two features should already be present.
Pleasure! :D
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Menacemum

Post by Menacemum »

Yay, I’ve ordered mine today and also added light assist as I will definitely use it.
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

I ordered mine yesterday - also with the Auto Light Assist option (and Park Assist, Canton Sound and heated steering wheel). Edition trim, metallic business grey with black leather seats, 1.5 TSI DSG, plus the Auto Glym protection).
LeGlass

Post by LeGlass »

What lead time did they give you?
Ordered 1.5TSI DSG Edition in Magnetic Brown with beige leather interior, heated back seats and park assist.
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

They said April

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post