Care Connect? Infotainment Online?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

I use my mobile as a wifi hotspot whilst I decide whether to get a data sim for the car.

Found Skoda Connect really useful. Set up a sat nav destination on my phone and it then downloads to the car when I get in and connect the phone to the car.

I have also used Skoda Connect on the car to find a petrol station, checked the prices and then allowed it to set the chosen petrol station as a stop over on my journey. Really useful when in a strange town.
Currently 2018 Karoq 1.5 Edition and 2007 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport.
Previously 1.4 Octavia Elegance Estate and 2.0 TDI Superb Elegance Estate.

vectis

Post by vectis »

Rather than a new contract I bought a Three pre-loaded data sim with 12gb of data for £25 from mymemory, it was £27.99 but I found a discount code on the net.
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-tr ... -data.html
Grillygraham

Post by Grillygraham »

Womanofkent wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 am Grillygraham what have you got so far on your MPG? ours was low to begin with especially in first few days we put that down to it being Winter, testing all the gadgets to make sure they worked, sitting in the car with engine running trying to set up seats, radio, phones etc and husband also noticed on a journey it would reduce if he took too long reversing into the garage...sure that will improve with practice. We drove from Kent to London mostly motorway until we hit traffic at the Blackwall Tunnel (approx 56 miles) and got 43mpg. We have just gone over 1000 miles and I have read that fuel efficiency should now start to increase.
Hi womenofkent regarding MPG on board computer stating 35 MPG which is really disappointing considering I am driving like a saint 'running it in' as instructed in the manual (60-70 on motorway) , although only done 450 miles so far since new mostly on motorways. Brochure states should be getting 50 combined so way below this, thinking of going back to dealer see what they say, but know will just be fobbed-off? Don't think can make right foot any lighter! Am going to measure fuel consumption manually to see if on board PC is lying? Will report back.
P.S. like garden visit photo terrific - mine too new at the moment to put anything like that in, have to start with small plant.
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

@vectis

I went into the three shop today re sim and they tried to get me with a pay monthly data sim . Mentioned the pre loaded one like you got and they dismissed it and said it wouldn't work , but yours does so think she was being pushy .

How long do you think the data will last you and does it have an expiry ?

What was the discount code please ?

Also what version of sound system do you have ? I'm not sure if my one in an SE L will have a SIM card slot ?

Thanks so much

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post