Care Connect? Infotainment Online?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

Does anyone know if buyers of the Karoq get any trial periods of Care Connect or Infotainment Online or do you have to purchase these options from day one? I can't find any information about these in the Karoq brochure.

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

CrunchieCat wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm Does anyone know if buyers of the Karoq get any trial periods of Care Connect or Infotainment Online or do you have to purchase these options from day one? I can't find any information about these in the Karoq brochure.
The Pricing/Specs sheet shows that you get 1 year Infotainment Online with the SE L.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Anyone know how much it costs after that free year ? I emailed skoda but they didn't reply .
Thanks
Grillygraham

Post by Grillygraham »

Yes it does come with 1 year free subscription, but please note you still require an internet connection at your own cost to use it.
Picked up new Karoq 1.5 DSG in velvet red last week, very pleased although fuel consumption disapointing.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Grillygraham what have you got so far on your MPG? ours was low to begin with especially in first few days we put that down to it being Winter, testing all the gadgets to make sure they worked, sitting in the car with engine running trying to set up seats, radio, phones etc and husband also noticed on a journey it would reduce if he took too long reversing into the garage...sure that will improve with practice. We drove from Kent to London mostly motorway until we hit traffic at the Blackwall Tunnel (approx 56 miles) and got 43mpg. We have just gone over 1000 miles and I have read that fuel efficiency should now start to increase.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

After 500 miles I'm getting 45mpg on a motorway run driving at a steady 70mph. Around town I'm getting about 30mpg. Similar to what I first got on the 1.4 Octavia.
Currently 2018 Karoq 1.5 Edition and 2007 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport.
Previously 1.4 Octavia Elegance Estate and 2.0 TDI Superb Elegance Estate.
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

1.6 tdi is the one to go for it you want 50mpg plus . So do you need to pay for a SIM card and internet package ? Thanks
Gingerboy

Post by Gingerboy »

£60 per year after the first free year I believe.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

@jimbologo yes your car needs internet so a data sim , there is a slot in the glove box. Not used care connect either before and was hoping to find out more from here. When you look it up online it talks about being able to use the phone app to check your car is locked, the alarm is not going off and where your car is. You can set an area that if your car moves out of it will notify you but all of this only works if the car is constantly connected to the Internet.

We did download the app to our android phones but have now deleted it because we didn't want to get a separate SIM we were also confused as to whether you set up an account on Skoda connect for the car which you share with each driver or whether both my husband and I set up the app with different log ins,

Anyone found any helpful info on Care Connect?
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Thanks for the info , I also did some research on this as there is an online portal for info on the skoda website where you can chat to someone about it . What may be a better option than a new sim contract would be to use your mobile phone as a personal hotspot , so will use the phone and it's data allowance . Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more info :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post