Voice Enhancement

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Liftman

Post by Liftman »

My Kodiaq had Voice enhancement which amplified the drivers voice in the rear speakers for ease of communication between front and back seats.
My Karoq 2022 doesnt seem to have it?
Does anyone know where to switch it on if its available?
I have Columbas Nav

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I remember reading about this feature, but can't remember it ever being offered as standard or an option for the Karoq. And with the removal of electronic assist systems from the face-lifted Karoq (due to chip shortages) it seems unlikely to be available for the time being.

I can see that it has/was fitted to the Superb and Kodiaq, so assume that it was only thought to be necessary in the largest car bodies,

It may be possible to hack the software to provide it as there will be a microphone fitted for the Voice Assist and phone to use, but it's not listed as an existing app in OBD11. Expert programmers may be able to off more advice.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Liftman

Post by Liftman »

Thanks Chris that all makes sense.
People used to remark on it when riding and taxi drivers of course liked it