No boot release button in 2021 SE L ?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
karoqy

Post by karoqy »

Went to pick up the missus from the shops and went to pop the boot open for her but couldn't find a boot release.
First time I've seen a car where you couldn't at least release the catch, even if it doesn't automatically open and close.
She went to open the boot manually, but it was locked and she couldn't get in the passenger side either as it was also locked.
Tried the boot release button on the remote, but it doesn't work with someone in the car.
eventually I found the central lock button that unlocks all doors and boot...

The manual says there should be a boot release on drivers side, but its not there (and the bonnet release is on the passenger side?? never seen the likes :D )
Am I missing something?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

????

For my Karoq, there is an external release button for the boot above the rear number plate, next to the rear view camera lens. There is also one low down at the front of the driver's door, but it is quite a stretch forward. Assuming you have the powered boot hatch, either of these should open the hatch.

Using the key outside the car will lock or unlock all doors and the hatch, or just the driver's door depending on the setting that's been chosen (either by you, the previous owner or your dealer), with the central button opening the hatch if you keep it pressed. But I've never tried using it inside the car to open the boot.

I agree having the bonnet latch on the passenger side is a bit annoying, but this is something that didn't get moved over when they converted the European design for the UK.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
karoqy

Post by karoqy »

I know there is a regular external release, but that didn't unlock the boot, even though the missus had a fob in her pocket. I assume because I was in the car. I need to change the settings is still on the default of open drivers door only.
The manual shows a boot release on the drivers door (Button for the electric boot lid), but it's definitely not in that position on my car. It's a manual boot.
On all previous cars I had a separate boot button that just releases the boot, doesn't power open, just pops it so it can be manually lifted. Not really that much use if the person loading the car can just grab the external handle/button. but this internal button would work even where the boot was previously locked.

I guess I just have to get used to the settings for central unlock and use use that.

Cheers
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

OK, having checked an old brochure it looks like the powered tailgate was optional for your SE L car, and according to the handbook for my car (admittedly a year older than yours) the button on the driver's door was only fitted when you have the powered tailgate.

My previous cars never had an internal boot release button so having one now is a luxury I'm still getting used to!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post