Picked up my Karoq 1.5TSI petrol on 12th January

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
DavidMyUrbanCar

Post by DavidMyUrbanCar »

Hi all
Very pleased so far. I switched to the Karoq as this model produces around 96% less toxic NOx pollution than my lovely 4 year old diesel Range Rover Evoque 2.2. I picked the 1.5TSI edition DSG auto which is pretty fully loaded - just added Canton Sound System.

Initial impressions. Economy around 35mpg in SW London traffic(similar to 4WD Evoque diesel). Economy much worse until it warms up though. Should improve with mileage.

Still in the 1st 100 miles but good low speed torque and very quiet and refined. Very pleased with fit, finish and equipment - I went for the beige leather.

Handles very well and feels light round corners but Evoque was much better over speed bumps on the 19inch Edition wheels. Ride is fine when not dealing with major bumps and smaller rims would probably help too.

One big difference. Even with the seats all the way back the Karoq's boot is around twice the size of the Evoques (even though officially the Evoque claims to have a bigger 575L boot)

If anyone has any questions I can help with let me know. The 1.5L petrol is a gem - no need to look at the stinky diesels

IMG_9319.JPG

IMG_9292.JPG

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Well done you I agree re the 'Devils fuel' I have the 1.4 (1.5 not available in the Kodiaq Boo-hoo!)
I am more than happy with the consumption AND performance for such a big tank.
You will find consumption improves after 4500-5000 miles. My Kodiaq is doing about 34 round town. 38-39 driven hard cross country. best I'v had so far is 45mpg.
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

What colour is it? Is it Quartz grey?
airpauly

Post by airpauly »

yeah i test drove the 1.5 petrol and will order one ending my long standing relationship with the diesels !!
Craigwbaker

Post by Craigwbaker »

I am looking at the Edition version. Just going to add the ACC. I have it on my Passat. The wireless charger any good?
Jan 18. Possible 1.5 Edition DSG buyer. Company car. Colour? Don't know yet! Extras. ACC, family pack for the tinted windows
LeGlass

Post by LeGlass »

Hi what's the drive like with 19 inch wheels. I test drove a 1.5SEL with 18 inch wheels and thought the drive was great, just been reading some reviews that say the 19 inch wheels will give a harder ride.

I've ordered 1.5TSI edition
Ordered 1.5TSI DSG Edition in Magnetic Brown with beige leather interior, heated back seats and park assist.
Menacemum

Post by Menacemum »

Really interesting reading all the forums. I test drove the 1.5 edition yesterday and ordered it today. Happy with the drive and everything the edition is loaded with. Now the long wait but I’m sure it will be worth it. Only really needed to add heated windscreen/nozzle jets & light assist as everything else was included.
LeGlass

Post by LeGlass »

What colour did you go for? I went from black to white to silver then beige...I finally chose Magnetic Brown of all colours, hope it looks nice with the beige leather interior.
Ordered 1.5TSI DSG Edition in Magnetic Brown with beige leather interior, heated back seats and park assist.
Mazza1967

Post by Mazza1967 »

Hi any Joy with using remote services like honk flash alarm setting etc , I got mine friday and cant get it to work it does not appear in the setting menu at all , infotainmnet is there etc but not care connect
Menacemum

Post by Menacemum »

I have been looking for months! My initial choice was a steel grey, that changed to white after seeing a kodiaq in white which looked awesome and then onto moon white which is a little softer. When I got to the showroom they had the Karoq in green, blue and cappuccino colours which all looked nice but I have stayed with the decision of Moon white.
I like the contrast of the Black leather interior and the white really stands out. Anyway I think all the colours are great, probably why it’s tricky to decide and I’m super excited to get my hands on mine. :P

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post