Road noise

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Kojock

Post by Kojock »

I have a Karoq 1.5 SEL nov 20 . I the last few months I am experiencing a lot of road noise. Had a problem with brake squeal when reversing, garage said there was a faulty batch of pads which could have caused the problem, pads changed noise still there. Anyone had the same issue.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I had the dodgy pads, replaced under warranty. No noise after. What sort of noise? Grinding? Whining?.........
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I get tyre noise which varies enormously depending on the road surface. At times it can be whisperingly quiet and on other surfaces (like corrugated cement) it can be deafening.

My chunky Bridgestone Duelers probably don't help, and I'll be looking for quieter tyres when I come to replace them.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Kojock

Post by Kojock »

kodiaq wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:02 am I had the dodgy pads, replaced under warranty. No noise after. What sort of noise? Grinding? Whining?.........
Feels like a vibration in rear wheels going to get all wheels balanced and alignment checked and see if that helps
Kojock

Post by Kojock »

CJJE wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:44 am I get tyre noise which varies enormously depending on the road surface. At times it can be whisperingly quiet and on other surfaces (like corrugated cement) it can be deafening.

My chunky Bridgestone Duelers probably don't help, and I'll be looking for quieter tyres when I come to replace them.

Chris
I had the same problem with Bridgestones on a Kuga I had a few years ago.

Robert
Anoldoap

Post by Anoldoap »

My Karoq makes an awfull din on any other than a perfect surface. Suspect the tyres but as they've only done 5K miles and still have a lot of life left in them I'm loath to change them.
Does anyone have any advice on the best tyre for a comfortable and quiet ride. My boy racer days are long gone.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Michelin Primacy 4 apparently have a good decibel rating.
Skoda seem to fit what ever is to hand as the car trundles down the line.
Some have been quite quiet, others noisy, luck of the draw!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post