Skoda Digital Certificate

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I've just had an email from Skoda, linked to my Skoda Connect subscription.

It appears that Skoda will be adding a free Digital Certificate service to the Remote Access package, and the email gave me a link to follow to learn more about it.

Unfortunately the link didn't work, but as the service has been trialled in Finland a search told me: "Whether you want to sell your vehicle and eliminate the distrust of the potential buyer or you just want to access detailed information about your vehicle, the Digital Certificate is the ideal solution for you. With the Digital Certificate you can display an overview of selected vehicle information through the Skoda Connect Portal (e.g. vehicle identification, technical specification, mileage). This overview can then be generated into a form of PDF certificate and shared with potential used car buyers."

Elsewhere, you can see that the mileage is displayed in the form of a graph over the vehicle's life, and I have also read that the certificate will state the vehicle's original equipment when it left the factory, and service records (if authorised service partners have been used) showing warranty repairs, non-warranty repairs and regular maintenance.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

IanW

Post by IanW »

It doesnt inspire confidence that they cant get the link correct in the email!
I found a video describing it here
It doesnt seem to be active in my account yet though, there's no Digital Certificate line as described in the video

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post