fix price sevicing

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
samdylan

Post by samdylan »

Is the Skoda fix price 2 yr service worth the £456price tag?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Bearing in mind you are paying up front rather than at the time, I don't see the point myself.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Depends on your mileage/size of service. In my case not worth it. 1st service is around £200+ and second £300+ from memory. But I never have the second as I never keep the cars long enough.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
MGS_31

Post by MGS_31 »

Also note that this fee via Skoda UK head office is not refundable or transferable, so if you change your car early (whilst still covered by this plan) then the plan goes with the car. I did ask my Skoda Dealer what happens if your car gets written off, can you get a refund or stop the monthly payments. But even though they supposedly asked head office, they could not get any definitive answer.
I did take a service plan out, but one the supplying dealer set up and provided (via a third party, but they carry out all the work), this one is fully refundable (of any unused funds) and so is transferable to another car if required. This plan included Servicing, MOT's and Brake Fluid changes.
Hope this helps.
samdylan

Post by samdylan »

Thanks for all your views.