Karoq launch today

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I am also just back from launch at Meadens.
Meadens have sold three Karoqs already and plenty of interest when Iwas there today.
Very nice car. same quality as Kodiaq. Snazzy puddle lights that project the word 'SKODA' onto the ground when you open the door.
NO door protectors (as in Kodiaq) though!!!
Sunroof mandatory on Edition, extra on others.
This is supposedly 'Emerald Green'
Funniest looking emerald I have ever seen. Perhaps the bods in charge of the colour choices in Skoda are colour blind?
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:

thilo.karoq

Post by thilo.karoq »

Beautiful color! :) I got my steel grey yesterday morning and am more than happy! :)
TheRouke

Post by TheRouke »

Colin I might have passed you, if that is Meadens Brockenhurst as the Mrs and I test drove that car on Friday morning. I have to say I was disappointed. I’m coming from a petrol facelift Mazda CX-5 (2015) which has poor acceleration and a lot of cabin noise. All the reviewers seem to think the Karoq is class leading for noise, but I thought noise levels were on a par with the CX5.

Acceleration was also a little disappointing, as I thought the Kodiaq with the similar petrol engine felt faster. All perception though I think.

Kit wise the CX5 has spoilt us, except the awful infotainment system. The gains are the sunroof, lane assist, blind spot etc... and the infotainment. I thought the varoflex seats sacrafice too much rear leg room for their flexibility - but I didn’t think I’d ever use them.

I’m now tussling between the new CX5 and the Kodiaq.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I was driving a Jungle Green Kodiaq . I went home on the Sway Road.
Which engine in the Karoq?
I must admit I think the pricing is too close twixt Big K and Little K!.
I need a big boot so I am sticking with big K.
I have had 74 cars and without doubt the Kodiaq is the best car I have ever owned.
I pre-ordered it unseen and untried 22nd December 2016 and took delivery 6th April. 17, launch day.

I have an excellent relationship with Meadens. I have known them for 7 years and my kodiaq is my 5th Skoda. You can't do better than Meadens.
The Bournemouth dealer is rubbish IMHO. Stick with Meadens if you buy a Skoda.

Tom Sexton gave me the Karoq brochure.
Absolutely PATHETIC attempt. No mention of engine or 4WD choices or any tech specs.
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Colin Lambert wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm
Absolutely PATHETIC attempt. No mention of engine or 4WD choices or any tech specs.
With grovelling apologies to Skoda.It was pointed out to me fairly politely, that I had not looked at the web site properly and that there is in fact a 'proper' brochure. here is the link

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDo ... 1516118977
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post