Little Heat or Aircon coming from either footwell

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
David170

Post by David170 »

Hi All,

I've only just noticed this - since the weather turned a lot colder - but I am getting very little heat from either footwell when the fan is turned on.

I have shut off all the face level vents and set the selector button to "feet" and turned the fan on high but little air is coming out despite being on "high".

In addition even when the temperature setting is turned right up, little heat is coming out and as I say, the air flow out is not at all strong - which it should be as the "fan speed" is set at max.

The funny thing, however, is that on any other direction setting, the fan and heat level work perfectly well - the problem is just at floor level!

Has anyone else experienced this and if yes, any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, David

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

David,

I can't say I have noticed this issue. I simply leave the system set to auto and it just works. The only time I ever play with the air direction controls is a maximum demist if I have had to leave wet dogs in the car. A few seconds and I am back to auto.

My gut feel is that if you have noticed this your heating and ventilation is not working as well as it should and I would suggest a word with your dealer is in order.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

Just a thought-are the vents at rear of console wide open? Is there plenty of airflow there?
AMcK

Post by AMcK »

David,

Sounds like the air distribution flap control motor located behind the dash panel isn't operating. I think a visit to the dealer is required.