Car Boot opens without reson

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Herr Larsson

Post by Herr Larsson »

Hi all,
I have a new Karoq "2021" and sometimes the car boot is fully opened without being close to the car with the key.
Has anyone had the same problem??

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The only other cases I've heard about have been put down to the button on the key being pressed by mistake when the key was in their pocket. (The buttons have a longer range than the KESSY signal.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I have had this issue twice, and I did some checks. The buttons to unlock the car seem to have a range of about 50 metres,as does the range for the boot button. The range to relock the car is the same, but the button to reclose the boot only works from 2 or 3 metres away. Like CJJE, I put the issue down to acciodentally pressing the centre button when the keys are in my pocket. So I've tried to get out of a long-term habit of keeping my keys in my pocket, but so far with lomited success. I posted about this elsewhere, and one reply was a suggestion to keep the keys in a Faraday bag. However, the keys 'go to slee' after they have remained motionless for 5 minutes, to prevent theft using amplifiers.
i-morley@sky.com

Post by i-morley@sky.com »

I to had this problem,took delivery of my car in August and within a few weeks noticed the boot opened on several occasions.keys in my pocket every time so two choices lose weight so my jeans aren’t to tigh,or purchase a faraday pouch.I chose the latter, after a few days searching on the net out of he blue my insurance company sent me a free one in the post thank you saga .got into the habit put it straight in the pouch and have not had the problem since
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

i-morley@sky.com wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:48 pm I to had this problem,took delivery of my car in August and within a few weeks noticed the boot opened on several occasions.keys in my pocket every time so two choices lose weight so my jeans aren’t to tigh,or purchase a faraday pouch.I chose the latter, after a few days searching on the net out of he blue my insurance company sent me a free one in the post thank you saga .got into the habit put it straight in the pouch and have not had the problem since
You don't need a Faraday pouch. The boot opens because you press the central button. It happened to me today. When I came home in our other car I must have pressed the button as I got out as the Karoq boot opened in front of me. You only need a Faraday pouch to prevent criminals amplifying the signal from your key. As the keys go to sleep after staying still for 5 minutes, all you have to do is remove the keys from your pocket. A Faraday pouch will be pointless.
i-morley@sky.com

Post by i-morley@sky.com »

Totally agree no need to buy a pouch as I said my jeans are a bit on the tight side so that’s why my boot kept opening.but it is good practice to keep the keys in a pouch
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

i-morley@sky.com wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 pm Totally agree no need to buy a pouch as I said my jeans are a bit on the tight side so that’s why my boot kept opening.but it is good practice to keep the keys in a pouch
Don't need a pouch. Kessy is disabled one of two ways

1. On earlier cars lock the car using the key fob and then within 5 seconds touch the handle sensor, this disables Kessy after 10 seconds. You then have to use the key buttons to unlock the car.

2. On later cars the key fob has a motion sensor built in that disables Kessy automatically after a short period of not moving.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post