BST/GMT clocks change - or not as the case may be!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

DST = Daylight Saving Time presumably so covers European summer time as well.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

I thought it might be a good idea to read the manual (RTFM)
I looked in the manual/handbook that came with the car.....didn't find anything relating to auto BST/GMT switch
I looked in the online manual, the one you have to put in the VIN number .... didn' find anything.
There are carmanuals web sites (just googleed) where you can download a pdf copy on the handbook for Karoq and on page 133 it gives a list of the options that should be available..... copied below.
One of the options is ... Automatic summer time switch...?????
So I went out to the car and couldn't find that option in the list on the Infotainment menu..???
Except it is very hard to find or needs some peculiar way to access it....?
The only option I seem to have is the Tick Box DST.... Manual tick it in summer and untick it in winter.....

Time and date settings
› Tap the  sensor field and then the function surface  → Time and date.
■ Time source: - Time source settings: manual / GPS (applies to Infotainment Columbus,
Amundsen)
■ Time: - Time settings
■ Summer (DST) - Switches summer time on/off
■ Automatic summer time - Switches the automatic switch to summer time on/off
■ Time zone: - Selects the time zone
■ Time format: - Sets the time format 
■ Date: - Date settings
■ Date format: - Sets the date format
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

I'm all excited now, but am presently several hundred miles away from the car so can't dash out to try what you outline. 😭 Disappointing though that despite RTFMing and checking the online manual, details that I would see as being quite key when setting the car up, are not readily apparent to the user! I look forward to getting to the car to make the change outlined in your post 👍 Thanks.
Jaytee

Post by Jaytee »

On a slightly different, but related matter, I have a new 2021 Karoq SE L (delivered beginning October) and can't see any way to format the time as 24 hour?
Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks,
John.
2021 Karoq SE L 1.5TSi DSG
Quartz Grey
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Jaytee wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:32 am On a slightly different, but related matter, I have a new 2021 Karoq SE L (delivered beginning October) and can't see any way to format the time as 24 hour?
Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks,
John.
I've had a look at the obvious menu screens on my My20 Amundsen (MIB3), the time setting screen and the units screen, but can't seen any options there to choose 12 hour or 24 hour settings.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
fsec

Post by fsec »

Menu screen

press the car button

Settings

time and date

You can set 12 or 24 hour format and also DST

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post