Updating satnav

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

CJJE wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:04 pm I have downloaded the updated maps to a USB-C memory stick, but so far the database id is still stuck on 21.2. I suspect that the system will only actually update the maps when it finds a difference between the local map stored and that on the memory stick. (I use a right-angle adaptor to store the memory stick under the sliding cover.)

So you can certainly see when the maps have been updated by comparing the database id on the Menu/Settings/System Settings/System Information screen. But in practice there is only new road near me that the maps don't show, and that was only opened a fortnight ago.

Chris
Update, this morning my satnav database was on 21.9 so it's been updated online in the background as my memory stick hasn't been plugged in since my car was serviced.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post