Are Scouts very sought after? what to get next?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi everyone...

I've had my 1.5 TSI 4 x 4 DSG Scout with the virtual cockpit since 2019 and it has been excellent in everyway I think...... actually no..... Android Auto and Apple Car Play can be a complete pain sometimes with phones being disconnected.

But other than that, it's excellent.

We have quite low mileage 11,800 miles but every mile has been enjoyable.

But I feel the draw of the Skoda Enyaq.....being an early adopter of Electric.... and so I decided to get some general trade in prices for the Scout. I was staggered by what I found, consistent sale prices around 27K, even WeBuyAnyCar.com was offering 26K. I only paid just over 27K for it so I've more or less managed zero depreciation - how can this be?..... I know that the Scout has been produced in limited runs and was always well spec'd compared to other models but I was truly surprised.

I don't think I'll go for the Enyaq, it's still expensive and I'm still not sure about the technology. I always liked the Kodiaq but a well spec'd version (I'd like the L&K) is listed over £40K although Carwow quotes are around 37K..... would I really be getting £10K more worth of car? Also VEL is much higher on the 2 litre engine.

I love the Karoq so that got me wondering.... sell the Scout, get a new one, probably for much the same price. The Edition seems a good option although it isn't 4x4 (not a deal breaker).

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks

Dan

G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Hi Dan,

Used car prices have gone through the roof within the last couple of months due to the shortage of new cars.
Many people I know have traded in their cars due to being in about 3/4K equity.
However as this is due to the lack of new cars due to the chip shortage - getting a new car is hard to come by unless a dealer has a factory order already in.
As far as I’m aware, you can’t put an order in for a new Karoq anymore as the factory has closed the order book due to the backlog.
I would ensure you lock in a new car before chopping in as you could end up with a very long wait before you get a replacement :)
Hope this helps.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

If it's still a low mileage and working well, I have to ask why you want to change it? Or is it a leased car coming to the end of its finance agreement. The new Karoqs will have the 3rd generation MIB3 infotainment systems, which many people see as a retrograde step from yours, so check that out first. Also, the Karoq is due to get a facelift by the end of 2021 (which may be another reason for the order books being closed for the existing car.)

I've looked at the Enyaq and iD4, but they both seem very expensive compared with IC Karoqs etc once you start to add in the options I've got on my Karoq. And that's without my concerns over trying to drive long distances on holidays.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks for the replies.... and great points especially concerning the availability of new vehicles considering the supply chain issues.

I'm going off the idea of the Enyaq and becoming more open to the Kodiaq but all things considered the Karoq does everything I need superbly so maybe I'm better holding on the new model (presumably will be facelifted).

We also own the current Karoq outright so the possibility of getting a trade-in at the same amount roughly as we paid new is very tempting.
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Yes that’s correct about the facelift - sorry I should of added that. Order books are closed as the current backlog is going to take them up to the facelift launch date 👍🏻

We have just had our Karoq Sportline (we waited 6 months for it due to the chip shortage) and we love it. Looked at the Tiguan but the Karoq has all the extras for a much better price!
We found the boot space poor on the kodiaq as the extra 2 seats in the boot take up quite a lot of space in the boot floor.
Dan

Post by Dan »

G19Shaw wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:38 pm Yes that’s correct about the facelift - sorry I should of added that. Order books are closed as the current backlog is going to take them up to the facelift launch date 👍🏻

We have just had our Karoq Sportline (we waited 6 months for it due to the chip shortage) and we love it. Looked at the Tiguan but the Karoq has all the extras for a much better price!
We found the boot space poor on the kodiaq as the extra 2 seats in the boot take up quite a lot of space in the boot floor.
Thanks mate....

I'm currently considering a new Sportline that is in the dealer pipeline, the cost to change will be small.... possibly only £1000 for a new car versus our 2.5 year old Scout. I'm just waiting for the dealer to do some calculations and get back to me but they seem keen to sell and buy mine.

The new Sportline doesn't have virtual cockpit but does have a heat windscreen which is definitely useful in winter. Also it's not a 4x4 (I've never needed to go offroad with our Scout. Other than that the Sportline is pretty much the same, less rugged plastic bodywork but still a 1.5 DSG Auto.

You are right about the Kodiaq, it's a long boot but not a deep boot with the seats, being able to remove the seats is a big benefit, I'm surprised not more cars offer it - we had a Renault Scenic 20 years ago where you could take all the seats out etc..

Will keep you posted.
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

We have just a 1.5 DSG sportline and it’s cracking ! Full pan roof, heated seats, parking sensors front and back and reverse camera!
It’s a bloody cracking car and we are very happy with the amount of extras that are standard.
We had a seat arona before with a digi dash and got to say we haven’t really missed it!
Good luck ! I’m sure you will not be disappointed if you change from your scout to sportline !!