Karoq Auto Locking when leaving car

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Daren

Post by Daren »

Hi
Anyone know what is happening here, when I leave the car after parking, it auto locks without any buttons pressed on key, my worry is if I accidentally left keys in car and shut the door the car would lock itself and no way to get in? Is there something gone wrong here or is it simply some settings that need adjusting, it never used to do this and only just started happening?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The only menu option I can find is the one that lets you choose whether or not the doors lock as you drive off. But I'm wondering if you have the keyless (KESSY) option on your car and you are touching the sensor on the door handle (the little dimple) as you close the door?

Normally I'd say the car won't allow you to lock the doors with a key inside, but if your auto-lock feature is due to faulty locks who knows what it'll do if your keys are inside??

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

I have an Edition, with KESSY and left the key inside and tried to lock the door via the door handle, it would NOT lock.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post