New Karoq Sportline 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Cookie21

Post by Cookie21 »

Hi,

We ordered a Karoq Sportline 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 in the first week of July, as expected the dealership has kept us uninformed. Today Skoda UK advised that a buildweek had not been allocated yet. Is this to be expected as normal under the current situation? Our dealer initially indicated mid November as handover date.

We had planned to travel to family in Europe over Christmas with it but might have to start back up plans.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835&sid=13300548b6e ... 4413#p4413

It would seem that virtually all car manufacturers are struggling to build cars at the moment due to a world-wide shortage of the computer chips needed nowadays. I have even seen it stated that Skoda have stopped accepting orders for new Karoqs at present - either due to the backlog in unbuilt cars or because of the facelifted version anticipated be the end of the year.

If your car has not been allocated a production slot yet, then there is no way of knowing when it will be built without knowing how many other orders are queuing up ahead of you. But on the bright side, you may end up getting the new version for the price of the old version :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

For what it's worth, last year my car was built around two weeks after it was allocated a firm production slot, and then delivered and PDI'd around three weeks after that. But the delivery times could be all over the place now - faster because of less cars in the pipeline, or slower because of less delivery drivers!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Cookie21

Post by Cookie21 »

Thanks for the responses, well aware of the chip shortages etc (also at the time of purchase), just thought allocating a build week would be a bit closer to the order date.

We could've bought the car we test drove, but the extra options were too tempting to pass up. We were also after the 4x4 model.

Hopefully ours follows your timeline Chris

Cheers
Matt
Cookie21

Post by Cookie21 »

Quick update, spoke with Skoda UK again today and the car is in production! Hopefully it doesn't have to stop halfway through.

Still no responses or information from the dealer which is quite disappointing.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I understand that the dealers are required by Skoda U.K. to keep customers informed of their car's progress.
The dealer receives a form from the factory every time the car moves on it's journey from line to dealer.
Push them until they do as they should. If they are not doing so, it is either ignorance or laziness.
Interest if you would name and shame the dealer! Not a branch of Marshalls, perchance??
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

We had the same, little to no updates from the dealer !
I just spoke weekly with Skoda U.K. who were much more helpful.
Dealerships only want to know when they are about to take your order and deposit and the next time they are bothered is when you pick it up.
Waste of space some of these salesmen. Too busy bothering about getting another order once your order is in.
samdylan

Post by samdylan »

Just got my build date of the 28/2/22 for my sportsline 2ltr tdi. This was ordered on the 27/7/21.Wishful thinking lets hope we get the facelift version :lol:
Cookie21

Post by Cookie21 »

I think people can probably guess dealer group. I finally received a response from them stating they had no new information and in quite a defensive manner of "your not the only one"... Meanwhile Skoda UK have told me the car went into production 6th of September and recommend I check in next weekend to see if it has left the factory. Hopefully it makes it through without a hold up!

That is quite a long wait... Hopefully you like the look of the facelift version 🤣
Cookie21

Post by Cookie21 »

After the Skoda chat being unable to provide updates for the last couple of weeks, the dealer sent a video today saying it had left the factory and should be here next month.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post