Green foot brake light

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Nervous new owner

Post by Nervous new owner »

I picked up my (new to me - 68 reg) karoq on Saturday and didnt notice this until Tuesday, but a green foot pedal light comes on when I am parked and the gear level is in Park. It goes off when I depress the brake pedal. I am sure it wasnt doing this before. Do I need to worry?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Do you mean an icon like this (P)?

If you look at the warning light section of your manual, you will see that green icons are good, red and orange are bad!

The icon is telling you that the AutoHold feature is keeping your car stationary, until you press the accelerator to move off. It sounds like you have pressed the Autohold button to turn this feature on for the first time ??

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

it’s completely normal having it on when in park and should go out when you press the brake.
It’s so that if your wondering why you can’t take it out of park - it’s basically showing you that you need to press the brake to do this. (Hence why it goes out when the brake is pressed)
Enjoy your new car ! It’s not faulty :)
Nervous new owner

Thank you, but its not the (P) light. It looks like a green shoe in a circle.

20210902_134257.jpg

G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Yes - this is the symbol I am referring to.
This will only appear if you foot is off the brake and are in park.
It’s basically asking you to press the brake to change into N,R or D.

The symbol is completely normal in the circumstances you describe.
Nervous new owner

G19Shaw, thank you very much. That has put my mind at rest. You have also saved me from contacting the dealership and making a fool of myself. I can only think that I just didn't notice it before Tuesday.
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

No problem - this symbol is common across nearly all new automatic cars.
These are easily not seen as you don’t stare at the dashboard most of the time :)
Happy motoring.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post