Dog Crate for boot

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
frankstar

Post by frankstar »

Does anyone use a dog crate in their boot? I’m ideally wanting one to take up around half the boot so I can still put luggage to the side of it. Any ideas?

I have a Labrador/spaniel so a reasonably large dog but he could definitely fit in half the boot. Picture of him below for added cuteness.

B5E07564-25B6-4C8B-B575-E8A77859EEA2.jpeg

Ian Grist

Post by Ian Grist »

Dogs have no place in a car boot, they can be safely restrained with a harness in the back seat
Ian Grist

Post by Ian Grist »

Sorry I misunderstood the Question and had a mental block in regard to transporting a dog in a boot, my comments were purely mixed up in my thoughts of a sedan boot not a SUV vehicle where the boot is not totally enclosed……sorry for my stupid response and my apologies
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

I have used this company with great success custom made to fit or to your requirements, my dogs don't travel in the rear but up behind the front seats my rear seats are out as I don't carry passengers and I still have use of the boot.

https://transk9.com/
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric
frankstar

Post by frankstar »

Thanks, I’ve seen the transk9 ones online but would like to see one in person to see how spacious they are. Was also hoping for something a bit more budget friendly.
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Budget wise try Savic cages well made and fold flat, though to open the doors you will need to make something to raise the cage up so the doors miss the boot lip unless you have the vario floor
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post