Cruise Control and Speed Limiter

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

Does anybody know how to use the Speed Limiter on a Karoq?

I can get the Cruise Control to work. But sometimes the Speed Limiter is more practical. The explanation in the user manual seems the same for both, and I just can’t figure it out.

Does a Karoq with Cruise Control automatically have the Speed Limiter option, or are they two completely separate options? Mine is a SE-L model with DSG gearbox.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I use the speed limiter all the time on my Sportline!

For my MY21 car, I have a button at the top left of the righthand steering wheel controls that shows the Assist Systems menu. If you scroll down that, I see an option of choosing cruise control or speed limiter. I select that, then have to activate it by button on the end of the Cruise Control stalk at the desired speed.

I then just flick the cruise control stalk up or down to change the selected speed limit in 5 mph steps.

That way I can accelerate up to the set speed limit without having to keep looking at the speedo to make sure I'm not exceeding the speed limit. And it also adds a red marker to the speedo display (virtual cockpit version) to show the speed limit.

I started using this feature on my previous Golf SV after getting flashed by a speed camera, and attending a speed awareness course, but on the Golf I could change from CC to SL just by flicking a switch on the stalk (and it also remembered which I was using when I last used the car) but the Skoda system isn't quite as easy to swap between them (and defaults to CC too.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

PS: Staffordshire Police have just stated:

"Today is the start of the National week of action on speeders on the road network.

"All 3 RPU teams will be out this week in vehicles and at static locations across Staffordshire stopping those that are not abiding by the speed limits.

"A Simple message of Think & Slow down!

So be warned!!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Mark-Guildford wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:51 pm Does anybody know how to use the Speed Limiter on a Karoq?

I can get the Cruise Control to work. But sometimes the Speed Limiter is more practical. The explanation in the user manual seems the same for both, and I just can’t figure it out.

Does a Karoq with Cruise Control automatically have the Speed Limiter option, or are they two completely separate options? Mine is a SE-L model with DSG gearbox.
Try watching this. It is actually in a Seat Arona, but I suspect that it will be similar, if not identical to a Skoda. If you need any info, it is frequently available on Youtube. I googled 'VW speed limiter'.

Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

CJJE wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:00 pm I use the speed limiter all the time on my Sportline!

For my MY21 car, I have a button at the top left of the righthand steering wheel controls that shows the Assist Systems menu. If you scroll down that, I see an option of choosing cruise control or speed limiter. I select that, then have to activate it by button on the end of the Cruise Control stalk at the desired speed.

I then just flick the cruise control stalk up or down to change the selected speed limit in 5 mph steps.

That way I can accelerate up to the set speed limit without having to keep looking at the speedo to make sure I'm not exceeding the speed limit. And it also adds a red marker to the speedo display (virtual cockpit version) to show the speed limit.

I started using this feature on my previous Golf SV after getting flashed by a speed camera, and attending a speed awareness course, but on the Golf I could change from CC to SL just by flicking a switch on the stalk (and it also remembered which I was using when I last used the car) but the Skoda system isn't quite as easy to swap between them (and defaults to CC too.)

Chris
Thanks CJJE!
With your help, I was able to find it. On my 2-year old SE-L spec car with digital cockpit, I didn’t have the option to switch between the two systems using a button on the left hand stalk (as shown in the Seat youtube video). Like CJJE, I have a button on the right-hand section of the steering wheel itself. It’s the button showing a car with some wavy lines around it, which you can see in the attached photo:

36225B24-524E-4E0E-908D-09D9EE5FB3F6.jpeg

After finding out how to do this, only then was I able to understand the Skoda user manual. Shouldn’t this be the other way round??!!!!
This configuration is described under the section entitled “Variant with GRA”. So what the hell is “GRA”? Skoda obviously think that the whole of the UK population are fluent German speakers, because it’s apparently an acronym for the German “ GeschwindigkeitsRegelAnlage”. Otherwise known in plain English language as Cruise Control! I had just assumed that GRA was an option which I didn’t have on my car! Surely Skoda could have changed this in their UK user manual! I only discovered this through a Google search, where somebody had a similar question on a different Skoda car 6 years ago!!!

5E3A8DF6-F9C6-4B4F-B16D-934B6DD034F6.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post