Power supply

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

We have ordered a Karoq edition, which I would estimate will be delivered in October. I would be grateful if someone could confirm how many usb ports there are and which type (I'm assuming from what I have read that it/they are usb c. I seem to recall that there was an option for additional ports which I haven't taken up. I also gather that there a 2 x 12v sockets that are permanently live. I assume one in the dash, is the other located in the rear seating area or in the boot? I'm not keen on permanent live sockets as I had one in the boot of a previous car and my kids left a fridge plugged in all night on the continent, flattening the battery on a clutchless car, so no bump start. I tend to sue the electrics for charging multiple gadgets, so I'm just trying to plan for after delivery.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I can't help with the current Edition I'm afraid. Can you not ask the dealer or have a look at one?
My 20 reg Sportline has one Standard USB in the centre console ahead of the gear stick. switched with ignition, 5v . and one 12v permanently live. I don't think there is a 12v in the boot, but then, for the extra cost, the Sportline is very poorly configured.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

My Karoq SE Drive Date Reg March 2021 has 2 x USB.C (switched on with ignition/ infotainment) in box with sliding lid in front of gear stick and also a 12 volt power socket in this box permanently on. Also 12 volt power socket in behind front seats for rear passenger use and a 12 power socket in luggage/boot on LHS. 12 power sockets are as "old cigarette lighter type" no cigarette lighter just a blank plastic insert and permanently on.
Patr

Post by Patr »

I have the latest Edition. It has 2 x USB C sockets under the sliding wifi charge/12v socket tray in front of the gear selector, 12v socket in the rear passenger console and 12v socket in the boot. The 12v sockets are live so no fridge in the boot!

I also have a USB C socket in the rear view mirror housing which I use for my rearview mirror dashcam and GPS module..
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

My MY21 Sportline is the same as Patr's Edition, but I didn't add the USB-C in the rear view mirror.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Thanks for the info, all. I just don't understand why the 12V sockets are permanently live. What could you connect that needs a permanently live feed?
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I only use mine to power a tyre compressor, and I suppose it's handy to be able to use it without switching the ignition on. But it's only a convenience and not essential :)
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Demport

Post by Demport »

Patr wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:36 pm I have the latest Edition. It has 2 x USB C sockets under the sliding wifi charge/12v socket tray in front of the gear selector, 12v socket in the rear passenger console and 12v socket in the boot. The 12v sockets are live so no fridge in the boot!

I also have a USB C socket in the rear view mirror housing which I use for my rearview mirror dashcam and GPS module..
Things must have moved on from my MY19 Edition.
I've had a fridge connected in the boot since new, 22 months ago.
No problem with the battery.
22MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG - 71 registered

Replaced 19MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG 4x4 - 69 registered
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Demport wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm
Patr wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:36 pm I have the latest Edition. It has 2 x USB C sockets under the sliding wifi charge/12v socket tray in front of the gear selector, 12v socket in the rear passenger console and 12v socket in the boot. The 12v sockets are live so no fridge in the boot!

From what I gather, the 12V sockets used to be switched and are now permanently live. On my previous car where I had the issue with the fridge, the earlier cars were permanently live to the boot (can't remember whether the front one was) and on late cars the boot socket was switched. Even the front one is an issue as I run a dashcam, which will need to go in one of the (hopefully) 2 usb c sockets, so it switches off when the 'ignition' is off, and my phone for (possibly) Google Maps in the second one. I do tend to charge a camera and an Apeman camera, and I suspect that they will not be an issue in an unswitched socket. But a fridge is a big problem.
Patr

Post by Patr »

Demport wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Ah, I see where your coming from. I should have said, 'as the socket is live then you can of course have a fridge in your boot....as long as it is switched off when the ignition is off.'

Silly me. :D