How to connect my Samsung A12 to my Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Kovenna

Post by Kovenna »

I am trying to put my Google maps onto the infotainment screen because sometimes the Skoda Satnav is...poor.

I have connected my Galaxy A12 via bluetooth to the car, but unlike my wife's iPhone where Apple Carplay come up automatically, the Android Auto icon does not show against my phone.
So I googled this issue and apparently you have to connect the phone via USB cable (?!?)

Ok, let's do it. Ah..but the cable that came with my Galaxy A12 is standard USB to <whatever connection the phone needs>. This means that I cannot plug my phone into the car!!!!

I have searched endlessly for a cable that will go from my Samsung phone to the USB-C in the Karoq. But I cannot find one for love nor money.

Help!! Am I missing something??

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Has your phone got a micro or usb c socket? I suggest you google 'usb c to micro usb cable' or 'usb c to usb c cable', whichever is appropriate. You will get plenty of choice for not a lot of money.
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

Look on Amazon for a USBC to a usbc, that's where I bought mine from.
Kovenna

Post by Kovenna »

Thanks very much for your replies 😀
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Maybe not the same problem but may add to the options.
I have new Karoq with 2 USB-C ports and an Android phone LG with MicroUSB-B port.
The phone works with bluetooth OK for my limited use and plays music etc over the car speakers via apps running on my phone.
To get it connect by USB in MYMEDIA I tried a USB_C to MicroUSB-B lead and it didn't connect.
I had to get a USB-C to USB-A (has blue inside socket so must be 3.0 at least) socket adapter and plug this into the car socket and then plug in a "USB-A to MicroUSB-B" lead for connecting the phone to the adapter.
This works but plays the music files on my phone as if it a memory stick or disk drive. I cannot control the playing with the apps on the phone. I can see a list of the files and folders on the infotainment in car and can pick and scroll through them. Also on phone I have to set USB connection to file transfer and not just charge only.
Also If i Plug a USB-A memory (thumb drive) stick direct into the A side of the adapter it plays any music files on the stick (mp3 or wav) to the car speakers as phone does.
If plug a USB-C headphone to audio adapter into the car USB_C it comes up not supported. in MyMEDIA.
So not sure what type of USB-C the car is ????
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

I should have said in my last post the the USB-C to USB-A adapter with the MicroUSB to USB-A lead also works for Android Auto and Charging

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post