Awaiting my Skoda Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

Hi
So I’ve got a Skoda Karoq in quartz grey on order. I was told 8 weeks until it was due in the uk. I’m on week 7 and my dealership is next to useless and can’t give me any updates….. is this normal? I’m worried that my car won’t get here by week 8 and I’ve read a lot of people saying how they have had delays for their Karoq which was placed on order. How do I go about finding out what’s going on? Besides call the dealership I’m at a loss and now I’m getting impatient. Are there delays right now with shipping cars? Im guessing so with all the pandemic stuff still going on. Has anyone received their car in the timescale given by their dealership? (Please also note I’ve had no car for 7 weeks now and I’m getting a bit ticked off)

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

If you go on the Skoda UK website (I'm assuming you are in the UK) and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a link saying "Contact Us". Click on that and it will take you to a page explaining that you will see a "Live Chat" popup appear when there is a free agent to talk to you. (Alternatively it gives a Customer Service phone number or a Twitter or Facebook messaging link).

If you use any of these, and quote your factory order number (or alternatively your name, address and order details) they should be able to update you on the progress of your order.

My dealer last year was also very poor at keeping me up to date, but the Skoda Customer Service people were very helpful.

Be aware that all car factories are suffering from a shortage of computer chips at present, and some are actually shipping cars out to dealers for the chips to be fitted later when they become available.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

Perfect 👍🏻 thank you for your advice. I did read in several different websites that these silicone chips are causing havoc and delays. I’m just impatient. To be honest if I just had a rough date to set on it wouldn’t be so bad, but instead I’m told how many weeks with no confirmation it’s definite.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Mrsimpatient wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:24 am Perfect 👍🏻 thank you for your advice. I did read in several different websites that these silicone chips are causing havoc and delays. I’m just impatient. To be honest if I just had a rough date to set on it wouldn’t be so bad, but instead I’m told how many weeks with no confirmation it’s definite.
According to Carwow, Karoq delivery time is 5 months, a little longer than the 12-16 weeks that we were quoted. We ordered ours on 20th May expecting a 71 plate delivery, and if it is 5 months that will be about mid October. No big issue for us as the car it will replace is actually fine (as far as I know)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Mrsimpatient,
Your dealer does sound useless. Could you name it please to warn others. Not Marshalls by any chance? If so which branch?
I would bet that it is a large group and not a family owned dealership. The large groups are often notorious for appalling customer care.
Ring the sales manager of your garage and tell them that you have been told that they are advised step by step by the factory, so why are they not telling you?
The dealers have always been (but might not be now) advised by the factory every time the car moves from one 'section' to another. i:e;- factory to train, train to Emden, Emden, to on board, Ship to arrival UK etc right through to when it arrives at your dealer.
If the latter was any good at all they would send you an e copy of their factory advice every time the get it.
Be patient, bitten finger nails don't look good on a lady! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

Kodiaq, my dealership are indeed Marshall’s 😩 I was warned they were useless but I stupidly didn’t listen. It’s Marshall’s Newbury for anyone’s future reference. Originally I was greeted with enthusiasm, I’ve called 3 times with no call back and a ‘if there was an update we’d tell you’ almost as if I don’t actually matter as a customer. My husband has looked into dates etc and he said that it could be 11 weeks meaning and extra 4 weeks for us. If that’s the case I’d rather be told than left in the dark constantly not knowing where the chuff my car is at any stage. I’ve been advised to speak to Skoda Uk, who have advised me that I need a few details from the dealership and they will help me. That said as the dealership are useless I may have better luck getting blood out of a stone at this stage.
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

@routemaster1 yeah my husband has seen it could be 11 weeks for us…. I need to get onto the dealership and push more. I’m just getting frustrated being kept in the dark completely. Let’s hope they actually talk to me today because they’ve not returned 3 phone calls now!
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

So an update…… I’ve managed to find out direct through Skoda that my dealership already know the expected date of my car!!!! Why they’ve chosen not to tell me is beyond me but Skoda head office are contacting Skoda Marshall Newbury on my behalf to bend their ear over it! Anyway the expected date is 31st July!!!! It’s about 10 weeks from applying to delivery but I’ve got a date and told it may turn up a week earlier as it does happen but that’s the latest update they have so far!!!! If only the dealership had saved me the headache by just telling me last Friday when they already knew instead of saying they had no update at all!
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

I’ve been pestering Skoda online chat every few days (I think they’re fed up of me as they keep suggesting I check back the next week but I’m so excited and impatient I can’t wait!). My car has been at status 30 (on way to Emden) for nearly 3 weeks-from what I see, this isn’t normal for previous experiences! Anyone in the same boat/have any idea what’s going on? If I ask Skoda if it’s stuck at the factory still they just seem to say that it’s cleared to leave for Emden and that’s it! When did you order yours mrsimpatient?
Mrsimpatient

Post by Mrsimpatient »

@turbogoose from what I can gather it’s a lack of silicone chips that’s delaying these cars. There’s a worldwide shortage apparently.
I ordered my Karoq 21st May and was told 6 short weeks… obviously that’s changed. I was told some orders take max 6 months. Then I was told 8 weeks. And since this my dealership have been next to useless and ignored my calls and requests for a call back. I’m on week 7 with no car…. It’s no joke honestly! I’ve kids with additional needs so I’m frustatrated and anxious about delivery and I’ve told the dealership this yet they just don’t act like they care much.
I was told by Skoda uk that Skoda Marshall actually knew the date a couple of weeks ago. I was awaiting a call yesterday as Skoda Uk said they’d insist Marshall’s call me but no call…… I expect they are anticipating a very cross person on the other end……. I won’t get angry I’ll just express how disappointed I am to not be kept in the loop like they promised. It’s just common courtesy to return phone calls especially to customers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post