New Karoq on Order - Multiple Phone Use

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Deleted User 1216

Post by Deleted User 1216 »

Hello All,

I have a brand new Karoq SE-L with the Amundsen infotainment on order for September. The car is going to be equally used between myself and my wife, and we are mainly CarPlay users. Can anyone share any experience of what it is like using multiple phones with the car? My concern is that I don't want to be faffing disconnecting the wife's phone from bluetooth if she's the passenger, and vice versa every time we are in the car together.

Does the system allow you to implicitly select a phone to connect via smart link, or are we better off just connecting via USB-C ? Is there some form of user profile function I'm not aware of perhaps?

Even though I am "the internet", I don't seem to have much info on this :lol: just a lot of whining about the system on various forums!

(I should also say that I own a legitimate VCDS HEX-CAN if that can enable anything...)

Thanks for any advice!

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I know it is a completely different brand of car, but i had a 21 reg loan car the other day. I use Android Auto and google maps in our 19 reg car, so I was concerned about how easy it would be to connect in the loan car. Connected via usb cable, the car sent a 'message' to the phone asking me to accept some request, then it worked including the phone. Didn't need to worry about Bluetooth at all.
mistac

Post by mistac »

I’m not sure I know the answer but here goes. Certainly you can connect to two mobiles via Bluetooth and you can toggle between the two easily without connecting and disconnecting et cetera. I believe only my iPhone is connected to/uses CarPlay so not sure about using two iPhones on CarPlay at the same time. However you can only connect via one connection method at a time. Therefore if I want to connect via CarPlay it will disconnect my Bluetooth connection and if I want to connect back to Bluetooth it disconnect the CarPlay connection. At least that’s my understanding as a new user. Sure someone else will say if it’s wrong
Skoda Karoq 1.5 DSG SEL June 2021 MY21 with optional Virtual Cockpit
Deleted User 1216

Post by Deleted User 1216 »

Ok - thanks all. I will report back later this year with my findings for the benefit of Googlers.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My 2018 karoq will connect to 2 phones by Bluetooth at the same time. Obviously, however, only one can be actively making a call at a time.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post