A few thoughts after it’s first wash!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
mistac

Post by mistac »

Now looking all clean and shiny!

my initial thoughts after a weeks ownership

1. I have always had red cars in recent years. Must say business grey does seems to clean up/dry nicely with a little sparkle/fleck to it so I think it will reasonably easy to keep it looking good?
2. Black plastic rear bumper looks like it may scuff up with time (I suspect plastic side lower door panels won’t be so bad). - what are people using to clean/protect the plastic panels? Can’t remember the last time if at all I had a car with plastic bumpers?
3. Is the front face of the 18” bragas diamond cut? If not, it is very similarly to that finish and seems a slightly different finish to the rest of the alloy? I think they look great but are quite fiddly to clean so have protected them with Collinite 845 wax
4. Nice to see when opening the doors that the sills are more or less spotless - I have still ordered door sill scuff plates from Ali express though 😀
5. I can just about reach the middle of the roof panel to clean it without a step ladder!
6. Have also got to grips with the varioflex seats - have also done the s hooks and magnet mod to help tether the rears seats to the front headrest tubes when when folded forward

InkedIMG_3142_LI.jpg

Skoda Karoq 1.5 DSG SEL June 2021 MY21 with optional Virtual Cockpit

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Looks good! After my first wash, I found myself washing it every week for a while as it got covered in dust which really showed up on my Race Blue paint. It doesn't seem so bad now... perhaps the rain has washed it out of the air for a while?
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
mistac

Post by mistac »

Many thanks, Although I am new to the forum, I’ve already picked up on the fact that you really know your stuff so I follow your posts with interest And know that if you say something it’s correct!
Skoda Karoq 1.5 DSG SEL June 2021 MY21 with optional Virtual Cockpit