Skoda Owners Manuals

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I have previously advised new Karoq owners how to download copies of the owner's manual, and that it contained much more information about the infotainment systems fitted to their cars.

But today I have discovered that Skoda have changed their website so that PDF copies of the owner's manual are no longer provided. Instead all you can do is read a digital version on screen. I have objected about this to their 'Chat' Customer Services agent who confirms this, but suggests I might be able to download a PDF copy to my phone! And since this would be pretty unreadable, hopefully copy it to my PC, and then save it out or print a copy for reference!

This seems to be making owner's manuals very user UNfriendly to me, and another case of Skoda being Simply Silly!

So If you need reference material about your present or new Skoda, be prepared to have to read a digital copy on screen rather than get a PDF copy to read at your leisure!

Chris

PS: Having now accessed the owner's manual on my phone, I see that there is no way to download a PDF copy that way. Perhaps I'm too 'old-school' but I much prefer to have paper copies to browse and refer to that have to navigate digital copies of manuals. Hell I can even remember getting my first IBM PC at work with Windows 3 on it, and opening a box with a shelf-full of A5 manuals to go with it!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

NOT GOOD! BLACK MARK SKODA. "Simply Stupid!"
Just another show of not caring very much about their customers.
In extremis, I suppose you could take a screen shot of the page on the computer and then print it off. But what a faff! and no good if you want loads of pages.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post