Skoda Karoq Fuel Filler Flap FYI

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mekanoise

Skoda Karoq Fuel Filler Flap FYI

Post by Mekanoise » Thu May 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Good afternoon

Took my Karoq in for service and while chatting mentioned the pain in the neck filler flap. Service chap said this has been recognised by Skoda and they have replaced the part the flap connects to. Mine now done, so hope it works :D , blooming embarrassing pressing the damn thing for ages and someone with a magic finger touches it once and it works!!!

kodiaq

Re: Skoda Karoq Fuel Filler Flap FYI

Post by kodiaq » Thu May 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Well done!
Now we all know what to do. Thanks.
Colin Lambert.
aka.
'Kodiaq.'
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & Kodiaq Forums.

Anoldoap

Post by Anoldoap » Sun May 16, 2021 8:51 am

Thank you for the fuel cap information. Just after I took delivery of my Karoq 1.5 Se L in November 2019 I decided to fill it up but embarrassingly I found I couldn't open the filler cap so turned round and went straight back to the dealer. They gave me a good demonstration of how they too couldn't open it. Eventually we had an engineer come along who did get it open and showed the rest of us how to do it. It didn't always work but hit it in the right place with the correct amount a force seemed to be the answer. I know of no other manufacturer who would sell a car or indeed any other commodity with such a simply uncorrected fault. So its good to see they've recognised the problem.

Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy » Wed May 19, 2021 10:22 pm

Hi my filler flap opening took a few tries , when its open the black pin stuck out from the car can be lubricated with some thin oil and worked in and out to spread the oil down into the sleeve , there is a twist action as it moves in and out.
It opens a lot easier now.
If it moves oil it , if it doesn't paint it :-)
Karoq 1.0 SE sat nav +
Grey metallic # FOR SALE #
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Thu May 20, 2021 10:46 am

And if it glares at you salute it!!
MY21 Race Blue Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI with PS/DCC, Virtual Cockpit, Heated Windscreen, Spare Wheel & Area View. Ordered 2/6/20, built 21/10/20 and collected 16/11/20! :D

BabsieWales

Post by BabsieWales » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:08 pm

I am saddened to know this is still an issue. My first Karoq edition bought in 2018 had the same problem. The only way to fix it was by having the pin replaced which thanfully solved the problem. I have just bought a new Kaoq edition and have fingers crossed not to have the same issue.