Servicing at independent garage.

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

With my previous motor, a Kia, I was not satisfied with the service I was getting from the Kia Dealership, so I used a local garage, who were very good and used approved parts etc.
During the process of getting the best deal for my Karoq via Carwow, one of the Skoda Dealers told me that my 7 year warranty on the three year old Sorento was no longer valid and they would not offer me an acceptable part ex price.
I knew this was B.S. and I eventually got a good deal from a Skoda Dealer in Milton Keynes.
I have just been looking at reviews of Skoda Dealers local to me and to be honest, I have reservations about using them. I did think their prices were extortionate anyway.
I also remember meeting a Skoda Technician socially some years ago and I mentioned the times I had been ripped off by Toyota Dealers I had used.
His comment was that I would get that sort of service from all main dealerships as the mechanics rely on bonuses to make up their wages and if there's nothing wrong with your car, they'll find something!
This all leads up to the obvious question: if I use an independent who satisfies the legal requirements for servicing and the car develops a major fault, what are my chances of getting it rectified at a Skoda Dealer?
Should I bite the bullet and use Skoda for servicing during the warranty period?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post