cornering lights

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Davo145h

Post by Davo145h »

hi can anyone please tell me if the se technology with halogen lights has cornering lights. if so how do you activate them. just got mine se tech 2021 and they don't seem to have them, or anything on the infotainment system to activate them.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I'm pretty sure that cars with halogen headlights would use the fog lights to get the cornering function.

According to the manual:

CORNER function
The CORNER function is intended for turning or manoeuvring (e.g. when parking).

The function illuminates the vicinity of the vehicle front in the direction of travel.

Operating conditions
✓ The turn signal is switched on or the front wheels are steered sharply.
✓ The low beam is switched on.
✓ The fog lights are not switched on.
✓ The driving speed is lower than 40 km/h.

There's no mention of any settings in the menus so it should just work automatically if included in your spec.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

I think the relevant bit here is as said by CJJE

"if included in your spec."

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

It is only the fog lights that turn not the headlights. (depending on spec)
Quite simply. turn headlights on low beam against. a vertical surface and turn the steering wheel, You will either see the fog light on the direction of turn, come on.......or you won't!!
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

When I configure a Karoq SE Technology on the Skoda UK website, the list of standard equipment only says 'Front Fog lights' whereas the list of standard equipment on the SE L (which has LED headlights as standard) says 'LED cornering front fog lights'. So it looks like cars with halogen headlights don't get cornering fog lights. :(

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Correct.
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

I have the 1.5 TSI SE L DSG, just over a month since registered. I took it out in the dark last night as I felt it necessary to have a glass of Scotch having watched the funeral of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh.
I found the lighting of the car excellent and noticed when cornering, particularly sharp turns on housing estate roads, that lighting seemed to increase in the direction I was turning - an excellent aid to safe driving, I thought.
When I returned home, my wife mentioned that I was still wearing my sunglasses!
I had worn the varifocal sunglasses for a journey in the bright sunlight of the day and not changed back to my normal specs.
The woman in the off-licence must have thought, "what's this plonker doing wearing sunglasses at night?"
The lighting must be even better than I thought.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

In that state, a good job you didn't meet Mr Plod! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 am In that state, a good job you didn't meet Mr Plod! :lol:
No chance of that Colin. Never see one round here.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

On older Karoqs (and I have no reason to assume that new ones are different) both the cornering lights also come on when engaging reverse gear. If you want to check simply stop the car facing a shop window or similar reflective surface and put the car into reverse.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post