Tyres

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
adierobo

Post by adierobo »

Hi all newbie to this forum, I have a 68plate Karoq with 15500 on the clock I had a tyre rotation at 2 years and 11000 due to wearing front tyres I have just been advised on the mot that I need 2 per tyres, At 15500 this seems like a lot of wear for little use, they are Michelin 215/50/18 has anyone else had this problem

Ian Grist

Post by Ian Grist »

It obviously needs an alignment and if it has had one I’d be challenging the workshop that did the work, I had a problem like that and finished up with the front end guy that did the work supplying me with 2 new tyres
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
Bathwick tyres-Team Protyre (& others I am sure) has the most wonderful electronic tracking kit. Checks EVERY aspect of ALL wheels.
Price includes any adjustments.
15k miles for Michelins is unacceptable with NORMAL driving......Something has gone awry!
Stop press.
Now appears that you can have a check carried out F.O.C.
https://www.protyre.co.uk/garage-servic ... ment-check
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My fronts were worn to the point that I could not live with them any more by 20K miles. Protyre (Slough branch) checked the tracking and confirm that all was well, no adjustment needed. I am not a heavy-footed driver so put it down to the Bridgestone Touranzas being poor on wear as well as grip. To be honest though, I was glad to get rid of the Bridgestones.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670