Booboo wants a new set of boots

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
RogR

Post by RogR »

Ive just bought a New Karoq 1.5 TSI Edition and it came with 19in Bridgestone 225/40R19 93Y Tyres. The tyres are about 1cm wider that the rim. Have only driven it a few miles so far as we are in lockdown.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I have CrossClimate SUVs on my Karoq (215/50/18) they are a huge improvement wet and dry over the original equipment Bridgestone Touranzas. The CrossClimates are quieter, grip better under all conditions, rarely lose grip when pulling away (something the Bridgestones did all the time, even when being gentle in the dry) and offer a ride that feels a little more compliant. I am certainly happier throwing the car into a fast bend on the new rubber than I was on the old.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Heybooboo

Post by Heybooboo »

Hi Rogr
So a little bit of rim protection, how have you found the ride so far?
Kodiaq Scout 1.4tsi 4x4
Edition 1.5tsi dsg due in June.
Petrol blue, cream leather, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, heated windscreen + steering wheel, driver assistance, scuff plates and personalized drive mode...
Heybooboo

Post by Heybooboo »

Milfmog wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:02 pm I have CrossClimate SUVs on my Karoq (215/50/18) they are a huge improvement wet and dry over the original equipment Bridgestone Touranzas. The CrossClimates are quieter, grip better under all conditions, rarely lose grip when pulling away (something the Bridgestones did all the time, even when being gentle in the dry) and offer a ride that feels a little more compliant. I am certainly happier throwing the car into a fast bend on the new rubber than I was on the old.

Have fun,

Ian.
Good to know Ian, also found your fuelly page very interesting.
Cheers
Kodiaq Scout 1.4tsi 4x4
Edition 1.5tsi dsg due in June.
Petrol blue, cream leather, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, heated windscreen + steering wheel, driver assistance, scuff plates and personalized drive mode...
RogR

Post by RogR »

I think the ride is OK, Ive never had a Skoda before, I could not test drive it because of covid, but I watched lots of Karoq videos reviews on Youtube and in the end decided to just go for it as they offered me a good part exchange and I liked the look of it and the practicality of the three rear seats. I did not realise there was a problem with 19in wheels but so far I’m very happy with it, but time will tell when we get released from lockdown.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

If you have definitely decided to go smaller, take my tip, get looking NOW, They are not that common. (to get a good set) I paid £300 for mine. They are German Alutec. With tyres, that was a good price only because the seller was a fellow Yeti OC member.
probably more expensive on Ebay.
Note the back wheel, if I had gone a smidgen further, in spite of the camera and due to my inability to parallel park, :lol:
I would have curbed the original 19" 40 aspect, but with the smaller rims and sensible rubber, voila! no damage.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)