Booboo wants a new set of boots

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Heybooboo

Post by Heybooboo »

Hi all
My edition 1.5tsi 2WD is due in June to replace the bear, could anyone with a my21 edition tell me what tyres came with yours? Make and size pls, the reason I'm asking is there's a really good deal on Bridgestone weather control T005 Evo at the moment, 15% off. Also if anyone has these already your thoughts pls.
Any help appreciated...
Kodiaq Scout 1.4tsi 4x4
Edition 1.5tsi dsg due in June.
Petrol blue, cream leather, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, heated windscreen + steering wheel, driver assistance, scuff plates and personalized drive mode...

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

According to the latest brochure, the 1.5TSI Edition come with 225/40 R19 93W tyres. Which ones seem to depend on whichever summer tyres Skoda had taken delivery of last.

Given the choice I'd prefer to fit all-season tyres, and will be checking tyre tests to find the best available in my fitting when it's time to replace the Bridgestone Duelers fitted to my car at the factory.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Heybooboo

Post by Heybooboo »

Thanks Chris.
I've been doing a bit of digging and the options I have are,
225/40r19 standard
235/40r19
225/45r19 4x4
245/40r19 4x4,all taken from German config.
Can't see why I can't put 225/45r19's on the edition as its Skoda approved, in Germany anyway and on the sportline 2.0tsi as yours is I think, just need to decide whether to go for Bridgestone at just under £125 a corner(black circles if anyone is interested) or wait for a discount on the Michelin crossclimate.
Kodiaq Scout 1.4tsi 4x4
Petrol blue, cream leather, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, heated windscreen + steering wheel, driver assistance, scuff plates and personalized drive mode...
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

I've got Michelin Primacy on the 18in wheels of my 1.5 TSI SEL DSG and can't complain. Only had one "moment" on a dry road today and they didn't let me down.
In the past, I've found that Michelins could be a bit of a let down on wet roads, but that's going back a good few years.
I had Hancooks for the first time on my last car, a Kia Sorento KX2 diesel and found the absolutely superb for wet and dry grip until the heavy snowfall a few weeks ago and I might as well have been on a skid pan.
When I've bought in the past, I've used black circle and seen what's going for a good price and I check out Costco as I'm a member.
On previous big SUV's like my Discovery and Hilux, I've always found Bridgestones to be a good choice.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Good luck with the 'rubber band' 40 aspect tyre, Personal onion only, but I found the ride dreadful, Road holding very good!. Probability to curb and damage the diamond cut wheels, HIGH. I changed wheels and tyres to 215.60.16 Ride MUCH better, NO risk of curbing, Road holding , haven't noticed a difference. Speedo kept legal with this change.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Heybooboo wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:49 pm Thanks Chris.
I've been doing a bit of digging and the options I have are,
225/40r19 standard
235/40r19
225/45r19 4x4
245/40r19 4x4,all taken from German config.
Can't see why I can't put 225/45r19's on the edition as its Skoda approved, in Germany anyway and on the sportline 2.0tsi as yours is I think, just need to decide whether to go for Bridgestone at just under £125 a corner(black circles if anyone is interested) or wait for a discount on the Michelin crossclimate.
The choice of tyres in 225/45R19 (as fitted to my SportLine) is a bit restricted, so I was thinking of going to 235/45R19s when it's time to change.

The last tyre test I saw was a bit critical of the Michelin CrossClimates, saying they've been overtaken by the competition but that there was a new version coming soon. Otherwise, the choice depends on your priorities between economy, durability, comfort or grip in snow.

German tests rave about Continentals, but that is because of their performance in snow which is less relevant to me.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Heybooboo

Post by Heybooboo »

Totally agree Chris, rain is much more of an issue then the inch of snow this last winter, in 235 guise I'd probably go for Goodyear Vector 4 Season G2 SUV - 235/45 R19 99V shouldn't throw the Speedo out to much and be a better fit for an 8j rim, got 235/50r19's on my scout craters and they are 7j very comfortable and quiet scorpion Verde, but I think 50 is a bit much on a karoq.
Kodiaq Scout 1.4tsi 4x4
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

kodiaq wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:51 am Good luck with the 'rubber band' 40 aspect tyre, Personal onion only, but I found the ride dreadful, Road holding very good!. Probability to curb and damage the diamond cut wheels, HIGH. I changed wheels and tyres to 215.60.16 Ride MUCH better, NO risk of curbing, Road holding , haven't noticed a difference. Speedo kept legal with this change.
Colin, I've got 18's on mine and they look very low profile. Is that why I'm feeling every road surface imperfection (and there's loads in Nottingham) .
Not that it's bothering me at the moment and I'm getting good at varying my course to avoid the holes.
My wife, who has a back problem, feels the bumps more than I do, but she hasn't complained yet. Joe
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Joe.
Aspect ration is on the tyre wall E:G 225/40R18
If the 'Boss' gets too uncomfortable (she has my sympathy - fellow back sufferer)
Go to Ebay and see if you can get a set of smaller wheels to fit (see my replacement size above. I paid £300 from a fellow Yeti owner on the Yeti forum (a good place to look) They came shod with 2000mile Goodyear All seasons with 6mm rear and 4 mm front.

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/ ... asons.html

Go to
https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Using the comparator you MUST make sure the actual speed of the car is ABOVE the speedo reading and by no more than 10%
Any replacements must be the following.
Bore: 57.1 mm
– PCD: 5x112
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
– Torque: 140 Nm
– Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
- positive offset 43/45 2mm won't make much difference.
You MUST notify your insurance if you change wheels from OE.
Good luck.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

kodiaq wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:37 am Joe.
Aspect ration is on the tyre wall E:G 225/40R18
If the 'Boss' gets too uncomfortable (she has my sympathy - fellow back sufferer)
Go to Ebay and see if you can get a set of smaller wheels to fit (see my replacement size above. I paid £300 from a fellow Yeti owner on the Yeti forum (a good place to look) They came shod with 2000mile Goodyear All seasons with 6mm rear and 4 mm front.

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/ ... asons.html

Go to
https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Using the comparator you MUST make sure the actual speed of the car is ABOVE the speedo reading and by no more than 10%
Any replacements must be the following.
Bore: 57.1 mm
– PCD: 5x112
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
– Torque: 140 Nm
– Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
- positive offset 43/45 2mm won't make much difference.
You MUST notify your insurance if you change wheels from OE.
Good luck.
Thanks for that Colin. I'm noticing every bump now and the wife certainly is. I take it yours still looks okay with the 16 inch wheels? (not that you're going to see them when you're driving anyway) I've got to get my money's worth out of the ones I've got, but I'll copy the technical data you've kindly provided and may well start looking if we decide we can't live with the 18's. Dread to think what the 19's are like. On another thread, there's a guy who's just bought a new SE L and it was fitted with 19's as standard equipment, so I've been lucky to escape those.