Jammed Varioflex seat - help!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
RUBIKSCUBE

Post by RUBIKSCUBE »

So I've done something stupid :cry: I took out my Varioflex seats recently and managed to get one of them jammed when inserting it back in.

Instead of positioning onto the guide bars at the front, then Leaning the seat back to click into the rear bars, I accidentally got it clamped onto the rear bars first and it just sits on top of the front guide bars without engaging.

Problem is, it's got jammed on the rear bar nearest the door and I can't get the seat out! Pulling the lever at the back of the seat doesn't work, as the seat won't lean forward as the front is propped up against the front guide bars.

I have no idea how I'm going to fix this. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm worried I've created an expensive problem to fix. Any help would be gratefully received!

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

I'm not with our car but my thoughts are:

Will the front of the seat base lift, even a little? If so see if you can raise it high enough to move the little red tipped levers enough so they open and then connect with the rails when you lower it. You might need a small block of wood as a prop. Don't force it!

You still might need to take it to a dealer.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
RUBIKSCUBE

Post by RUBIKSCUBE »

Thanks Tom - I'll give that a try later on. I could raise it a little, but think I need to be also be able to push the seat back a bit to get the front clamps to engage as I think the jaws are at the side if you know what I mean? We'll see what happens and I'll try not to break anything!
RUBIKSCUBE

Post by RUBIKSCUBE »

No luck I'm afraid - I can't move the seat back at all to allow the front clamps to engage. I think I might have to take it to the dealership. Maybe they can unbolt the front guide bar - that would hopefully allow the seat to sit flat and allow me to remove it. To make things worse, I've just noticed the battery thingy in the seat is loose and out of position. Hopefully it's not damaged
¡Bazza!

Post by ¡Bazza! »

My teenager has just done exactly this. Did you figure out a fix?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post