Gearbox Issues

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJMitchell

Post by CJMitchell »

Took delivery of a new manual Karoq SEL just over 2 weeks ago. Ive been having some gearbox issues and wondered if anyone else was having the same. Its been incredibly notchy going into 3rd, 4th and sometimes reverse. While this seems to be getting better on 4th and reverse, 3rd is still a lucky dip. For the last 3 days whenever I first set off in the car I get a loud crunch going into 3rd, only happens once then goes away and only when the car has been sitting for a long time as for the rest of the day its fine. Any advice appreciated.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Straight back to the Dealer! NOW! Talk to them on the 'phone first. they may tell you what (or NOT) to do.
May be clutch but more likely gearbox. I wouldn't drive too fast it may and I stress may be, short on oil, which could affect the operation of the synchromesh.
Please report back when sorted, in case anyone else has a similar problem,
Good luck.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJMitchell

Post by CJMitchell »

Well it took over a year of messing about with the problem becoming worse as time went on, however they have eventually replaced the gearbox. No apology though, no form of compensation for all the messing about. Throughout the entire process I was made to feel like I was being a pain in the backside. Every time they “fixed” it I would have to go through the whole process again of them witnessing the problem, submitting videos of the problem, twice they had no courtesy car ready when I dropped my car off. What should have been a pleasurable experience of getting a new car was a year of misery with it. Skoda Bolton if anyone is interested and I have all the emails to back up my story.
fsec

Post by fsec »

CJMitchell wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:33 pm Skoda Bolton if anyone is interested and I have all the emails to back up my story.

Hmmmmm. I just bought a Karoq of them. I was disappointed in a couple of things they did not mention and one or two things they did but in general I am happy with the car. Please don't alarm me about them. I just hope I don't have the same trouble as you.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

These sad tales of problems makes me SO glad that I have ditched Skoda as my preferred method of transport. BUT very sad really as I have had 8 faultless Skodas over 13 years and the most brilliant service from Meadens of Brockenhurst.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post