MySKODA App Features

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

I have an SE Drive on order (expected delivery mid April - semiconductor shortages permitting!). Looking at the online owner's manuals I have noticed that there are a couple of features connected to the MySKODA App that look useful and I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether they are standard for all models or only specific to some. These are:

Parking Position and Honk & Flash; and
Lock & Unlock

I couldn't see these specified in the optional extras list so am assuming they are standard to the App for all Skoda vehicles.

Grateful for any advice.
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The MY21 cars connect to the My Skoda app as standard, and the parking position and honk & flash work as stated.

The app will tell you whether or not your car is locked, and the windows closed, but it is a bit flaky and gets it wrong sometimes. If you reset the screen image it then checks again and seems to get it right.

But the Lock & Unlock feature needs to be authorised at a dealer's (after you've got your Connect ID set up) as it's a security risk otherwise. After all, you don't want someone else unlocking your car!

When I picked up my car, I specifically asked the Sales Manager if he needed to authorise it for me, but he said it was already enabled. In fact it wasn't, but I haven't returned to have it enabled due to the lockdowns and my feeling that perhaps it's not a feature I really need to use.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Thanks Chris, that's helpful. My car is being to delivered to home so I'll have to go to a local dealer when I can if I decide to use that feature.

I can really understand the security risk that you're referring to though, and why you would need authorisation (even if the App does have a PIN for security).

Dave
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.