SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
frankstar

Post by frankstar »

I’ve had similar issues with my 2021 Karoq. I get an SOS emergency warning and often the radio and sat nav just stop working. Can’t listen to any music from the radio or through my phone.
It’s happened a couple of times now, one garage I spoke to seemed to be aware of the issue and say I needed to book it in as it’s a known fault. My local garage were less forthcoming and cryptic about it. Didn’t says anything about it being known and that I would need to bring it in if it happened again. Was also very annoyed that they would not offer a complimentary courtesy car. It’s well within warranty and a fault on the car but I would have to pay if I needed a car. Had an Audi before that and they were always very generous with free courtesy cars.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Try another dealer??
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
AMcK

Post by AMcK »

With the number of problems reported by some on here, it does make you wonder what is going to happen should the planned withdrawl of the legacy 2G/3G networks, that eCall uses (as do UK Smart Meters), go ahead.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Dodgyskoda,

The auto start-stop is probably doing exactly what it should by only operating when the battery voltage and load are within defined parameters. While changing wiper blades if yours are dodgy (mine lasted well over 25K) should not be necessary, it is not tough or expensive and is certainly less hassle than changing the car. However, The MIB3 infotainment system is a bug-fest of the first order and appears to have been brought to market well before it was ready, quite frankly it and the associated SOS system are bad enough for me to avoid buying any of the VW group cars at present and I will be looking elsewhere when my contract comes up next year. The fact that Skoda or perhaps the dealers don't fix software bugs without being pushed very hard and sometimes not then is another nail in their coffin. At least the modern cars don't leave us on the hard shoulder as often as Cortinas or Cavaliers of yesteryear used to...

I hope you don't regret the change to Peugeot and will share your experiences of it when you have had it a while.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
RogerJT

Post by RogerJT »

2020 Karoq, 1500 miles approx. (Registered by Skoda UK September 2020, sat unused till July 2021 when they released it to a dealer, from whom I bought it with just 100 miles on the clock)

Just had the "SOS not working, visit workshop" warning come up today while I was on the M42. The liitle green light by the mirror was out. I continued another 15 miles to my destination, parked the car, was in a meeting for 3.5 hours and when I came out all was ok, green light back on, no warning, drove 50 miles home without a further problem.

First sign of this problem. Was this just a glitch or the start of a major problem for me?
I have had the juddery wipers too, followed the advice on here and replaced with Bosch and all fine now - but it grates to have to replace the wipers on a virtually new car to make them fit for purpose. My 4th Skoda in 12 years, I shall think very carefully about buying a 5th.
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Latest update is no better.
Skoda customer services constantly phone me and ask if the dealer (Beadles Southend) have contacted me yet.
The answer is always the same. NO
I am certain that Skoda are fully aware of this serious issue but obviously do not want to admit it.
The dealer has previously stated that they do not have drivers and so expect me to constantly keep driving the car backwards and forwards to them for nothing to be resolved.
Funny that they do not have drivers now as they were desperate to deliver the car to me during the COVID shutdown ( maybe that’s all down to Brexit too)
I have stated to Skoda today that I find it very worrying that SOS messages constantly come up and they feel it is safe to drive.
No comment from them!!!!!!
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

I have the same on my my21 70 plate and a quick call to Hendy Skoda in Bournemouth (Ray) told me this is a 5g issue and the car is trying to find a signal it doesn’t have. There is a software patch available and mine is booked in for the 29th.
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Good luck at Bournemouth.
I hope you do not have to waste your time and money as many others are doing constantly.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hendys Bournemouth. Ex Westover. Unless they have changed,, GOOD LUCK! you'll need it! rhymes with 'Bankers' Not just Skoda branch. many of their franchise sites are the same. My son takes his Lotus Elise to Birminhgham rather than let them anywhere near it.
If you get no joy Ring Meadens at Brockenhurst. Ask to talk to Tom Sexton, he is the dealer principal. Tell him I recommended you to go to them.
I have dealt with them for 12 years and bought 7 Skodas form them. They are dealer of the year in the past. Their service dept is second to none. AS is their sales team.I happily travel 40 mile round trip from Parkstone to have anything done to my Skodas. This is the difference between almost any behemoth Motor trade group, who in 21 years with Shell Retail, I have found, in the main, don't give a stuff!
Go to a family owned dealer like Meadens and the difference is amazing.
Good luck.
Colin.
https://www.meadens.com/
Meadens ŠKODA
131 Google reviews
Car dealer in Brockenhurst, England
Service options: In-store shopping · In-store pick-up
Address: Sway Rd, Brockenhurst SO42 7SH
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 6PM
Phone: 01590 623344
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Yet another disastrous day with the SOS scenario.
Today the tyre pressure low indicator came on. No problem I thought as this is a sensible functional item.
Checked all tyre pressures and all perfectly ok.
Went to reset the system and would not turn.
Spinning round and round and eventually SOS emergency contact workshop came up as seems the normal.
For some reason emergency services were contacted which really annoyed me that they are wasting their time and possibly peoples lives answering a faulty system.
I decided to contact RAC to see if they could do anything as SOS would not clear.
Had quite a long conversation with technical services who explained that they have many call outs with the SOS problem and they are unable to resolve as this is a computer glitch.
Still Skoda will not accept that there is a serious problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post