SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Yet another reason I have ordered a hybrid HR-V!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

Had my first SOS in my Karoq since buying in march 21, has reset itself after leaving it for 30 minutes, having read a lot of posts re this problem I guess there is no point going to the dealer with it, as they are apparently unable to fix it, after doing a Google search I found reports of this back in 2018 , after 3 years you would have thought that VW / Skoda would have been able to fix it by now.....
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Skoda head office are 100% aware of this problem but do not know how to solve it.
They expect you at your own expense to continually take your car back to the dealers for them to have a little play with it.
The latest from my dealer ( Beadles Southend) is book it in yet again and we will plug it in.
They are adamant that they do not have drivers anymore as they sacked them all due to COVID.
Still waiting for Skoda head office to get back to me , although that was supposed to be this week.
Shame on you Skoda
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Had mine in on Friday last week, all sorted hopefully and had full MIB update as well. Car has been behaving well and done a fair few miles since.
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Milgey wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:00 pm Had mine in on Friday last week, all sorted hopefully and had full MIB update as well. Car has been behaving well and done a fair few miles since.
When you say a full MIB update, do you mean the maps or the operating software, Milgey?

Mine is having its first service next week, and I was wondering about asking about software updates as occasionally the front assist camera doesn't turn on properly, giving me warnings that the lane assist, traffic assist and dynamic road sign assist are all disabled. But I didn't want them to update it if the new software gave me problems like the SOS Error instead!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Usual SOS message still happening despite software update. Now decides to turn of the mobile phone and constantly have to reconnect .
Skoda head office have not bothered to phone back as promised weeks ago.
What a pile of junk
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Well OK, I've now seen this message for the first time today.

While driving home from the shops I got a 'Software Update' message which I ignored as it wouldn't update while I was driving. Then I got the dreaded 'SOS Error' message and lost the internet connection (no green light). The radio and map in the virtual cockpit were still fine though. When I got home, I turned the ignition off and then on again. Infotainment system was now dead while it tried to load my user profile. No green light, and still the SOS Error message. After leaving it for an hour, reset the Amundsen infotainment system by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Came back to life after a delay, user profile now loaded, radio and nav maps now working and SOS Error message cleared.

The notification screen said I had a software update waiting, but when I pressed Update, I was told the software was up to date!

My car's already booked in to have its steering wheel changed to 'cure' the messages about the Travel Assist, Lane Assist and Dynamic Road Signs not being available, so I'll add this to the list for them!

Life was simpler BEFORE we had online cars wasn't it! Almost makes me want to go back to the 60s with SU carburettors, 5,000 mile services, and dodgy Lucas electrics :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
RogerJT

Post by RogerJT »

You are absolutely right, Chris. Like a lot of things today, there is an assumption on the part of manufacturers of cars that every driver wants all this complicated software, they simply dont recognise that there is anyone out there who really doesnt care if they cant see where their car is parked from the other side of the world, all they want is a simple, but above all reliable, display, with a working and easily updateable satnav that understands postcodes! I know the emergency alarm thing was foisted on them by the EU, but I wionder what percentage of calls they get on it are for real emergencies. I activated mine the other evening while trying to turn the interior light on!
Cest la vie, I guess, I shall just do my best whilst ignoring all these messages, they seem to go away if you leave them long enough. As for paying £70 or so a year for the pleasure of having all this stuff, I am about to see what happens if I ignore that request too, as my free 15 months runs out in Mid December.
CMcKell

Post by CMcKell »

With less than 7000 on the clock my 2020 Kamiq is driving me made with the emergency alert. Supposedly fixed by the Bridgwater dealer with software update it cones on about every second journey. I just press the emergency call button now and when the voice/text comes on to say 'emergency call activated' press cancel.
Harters

Post by Harters »

Happened to me for the first today. Fortunately, I was only round the corner from home, so drove back slowly in something of a mega-panic, although everything else seemed to be working fine. Google found me this thread when I was trying to work out what the actual "fault" might be so I could ring the AA or dealer.

I'm driving a 70 plate which I bought second hand last January. I note from the above posts that most folk seem to experience the problem very soon after acquiring a new vehicle. Has there been anything to indicate why the issue might suddenly arise after many months since new and a total of 7.5k miles driven? As others have found, it's cleared itself after I parked up for 30 minutes or so .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post