SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

This message came up twice today on my 21MY Karoq. I also find the sat nav takes ages to boot up and today I got a message saying 'Navigation is currently
unavailable'. Car is broke in for September.

Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I meant to say car is booked in.
Sparky33

Post by Sparky33 »

My 70 plate karoq has now been back to the dealer ship 3 times for rectification of the sos fault, each time an update has been performed but the fault shows again within the week
The dealership are now claiming there isn't a fault because it's not logged on the cars computer when they check!!
I'm not blind or stupid the fault is there and it appears at least twice a week, so now logging and taking photos to prove it
IanW

Post by IanW »

I really dont understand why VOSA aren't demanding that manufacturers get their act together and sort these problems with the SOS system. After all, its a mandatory safety system!! I know from the Ford forums that they also have problems on various vehicles. It always seems like 'we'll have to wait for a software update to fix that' . If its software, then why do only some vehicles have the problem when the software is the same?
I suspect that there are different versions of the hardware, and that the manufacturers are trying to modify the software to cope with flaws in some hardware versions. They don't want to have to replace all the flawed versions as that would be expensive...
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

My 70 plate Edition has just had its second service and has had software updates. Time will tell if this cures the endless SOS errors. Was rather surprised that the Scala courstey car I had also had the same thing happen within 5 miles.

Andy
Currently drive Yeti 170. Karoq Edition in Petrol Blue on order.
LIZoneill

Post by LIZoneill »

My Skoda Karoq has the same SOS Emergency message problem and has been into the workshop three times. On the last occasion they fitted a new Control Unit and still the problem has not been resolved. I rang Skoda garage again and asked if my car is safe to drive as I could ignore this message but what if it was a genuine emergency?
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

I had this on my Karoq and had it in at the dealers 3 times with them downloading the latest software, without success. In the end they stated it was a module that needed replacing.

Waited approx 6 weeks for it to arrive, bit of a fiasco then getting it booked in. Module replaced, after a week,the dreaded message again.

Dealer advised me that they knew about the problem and had done a number of cars recently. If that's the case, why not do a recall!!!!

Took it back to the dealer who then informed me that for some reason software not downloaded properly. Not impressed with their service to say the least
as they obviously hadn't checked.

Downloaded again and so far ok.

Keeping my fingers crossed
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

I've just got rid of my almost two year old 1.5 dsg SE L petrol while I could get a good price for it. If Skoda can't sort this problem out by way of a recall, I had visions of it causing major problems when the car is out of warranty and I would have had to fork out to get it sorted. I know it's called progress, but I found the technology too much. I just wanted a motor, not a computer on wheels. I loved the DSG gearbox and the power when I needed it, but I'm so far happier with my 1.6 D-tech manual Honda CRV. My wife, as a back pain sufferer also prefers it - says it's a lot more comfortable than the rock hard suspension of the Karoq.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post