SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Manxonia

SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

Post by Manxonia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:07 pm

Hello all,

I'm a first time user of this or any other forum, so please bear with me.

I have a 70 plate Karoq SE.

After two weeks I've had the message ' SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!'
This is coupled with the yellow triangle ⚠️ & the light by the SOS button going off, then Red, then off etc, etc.

Its happened twice:

First time other issues were thr infotainment system froze and I couldn't be heard on handsfree.

Second time I did a soft reset of the infotainment system( just in-case).

On both occasions after turning the car off, leaving it a while and then going back, the error message is gone and the light by the SOS button is back to green. It was a week to the day between the messages coming up.

Anyone had similar?

Many thanks 😊 🙏

20210105_055010.jpg

SOS ERROR MSG

24 VRT

Re: SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

Post by 24 VRT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Assuming yours is a MY21 model, it has a built in mobile phone SIM (eSIM) which the car connects to the world through. I don't know which network they are set up on (possibly Vodaphone's), but one possible cause would be a problem with the eSIM - if the SOS light comes and goes it is indicating there is a loss of/disruption to the signal. I wonder if you were in an area with a poor mobile signal - noting you 'dropped' a mobile phone call that was also taking place. Best thing is to talk to the dealer, and see what they suggest, given what you are describing.
Someone else may come along with other suggestions, but meanwhile welcome to the forum.

Manxonia

Post by Manxonia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm

Thank you for the welcome and advice
24 VRT.

I've booked into the dealership in Harlow on the 21st to see if there is anything that can be found.

My initial call with the technician there was one of those ' if there is no fault now we won't find anything if you bring it in'. Which i get, but after a second blip I've got them to come around to having a butchers.

I thought about the service Dipping in and out too, I do live in Greater London and travel through some pretty built up areas, so maybe its the signal as you say. I'll definitely post the outcomes on here though incase anyone has been having the same things happening to them.

Other than that though I really like the Karoq.

Thanks again for your help 🙂👍

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:26 am

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
My '17 reg Kodiaq had a dedicated SIM and the same persistent problem. My dealer had 3 attempts at resetting it, On the 3rd attempt , it was successful!
So glad (NOT) to see that Skoda persist in NOT sorting out this problem :lol:
If it goes on take it to the dealer.
Hopefully you will never need any of the 3 numbers.
'Kodiaq.'
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & Kodiaq Forums.

Manxonia

Post by Manxonia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Good afternoon Kodiaq!

Thank you very much for the response and insights.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the Intergrated Sim( eSIM) has a few gremlins.

Its so strange as its fine again now. I did a soft re-set of the infotainment system as it all appears to be linked, so I shall wait and see.

She's booked into the Dealership next week for a look, so I will probably mention the Sim card and the fact it might be losing signal or needs a reset. Although the technician will have their own thoughts of course.

I'll post back with a result whatever that may be incase others are having issues.

Thanks again for the reply and the welcome 🙂