A good review

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFtisw88uN8

Always good reviews from Tomas, seen him before on VW reviews.

Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

Good reviews across the board it seems. Wonder how many Ateca buyers will switch given the wait for the 1.4 TSi Ateca now seems to be around six months.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Will be interesting to see a comparison review / video between the two.
supreme

Post by supreme »

Nick Bucks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:01 pm Good reviews across the board it seems. Wonder how many Ateca buyers will switch given the wait for the 1.4 TSi Ateca now seems to be around six months.
I'm one of them :)
I had to wait 8+ months for ateca and cancelled and ordered Karoq instead. I actually like overall Karoq more. Since i live in northern EU i had to take windscreen heating. Ateca has that ugly version with visible heating spiral inside windscreen while Skoda using better version that has nothing visible.

Only thing i miss about Ateca that Karoq doesnt have is 360 camera and taillights are more attractive. Other than that Karoq is better. Karoq also has softer suspension.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

supreme wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am
Nick Bucks wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:01 pm Good reviews across the board it seems. Wonder how many Ateca buyers will switch given the wait for the 1.4 TSi Ateca now seems to be around six months.
I had to wait 8+ months for ateca and cancelled and ordered Karoq instead. I actually like overall Karoq more. Since i live in northern EU i had to take windscreen heating. Ateca has that ugly version with visible heating spiral inside windscreen while Skoda using better version that has nothing visible.

Only thing i miss about Ateca that Karoq doesnt have is 360 camera and taillights are more attractive. Other than that Karoq is better. Karoq also has softer suspension.
That's interesting - my Skoda dealer told me that the heated windscreen was the wired version, hence I didn't add as an option!
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
supreme

Post by supreme »

bone_tone wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 am
supreme wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am

That's interesting - my Skoda dealer told me that the heated windscreen was the wired version, hence I didn't add as an option!
That cant be true. Skoda using new technology already on superb and also on kodiaq models. VW group went to that technology somewhere end of 2016 with new cars.
https://www.volkswagen-media-services.c ... h=g6Cj0HG8

My dealer also confirmed to me this that Karoq using non wired windscreen
Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

Good first review of the Karoq in the latest issue of What Car. Looks as if it may supplant the Ateca as their favourite SUV. Very positive on ride comfort , the upmarket feel of the cabin and the pricing of optional extras.
airpauly

Post by airpauly »

I took one for a test drive couple of weeks ago and loved it, quiet, comfortable, great to drive, and the 1.5 petrol engine was really nippy. Will be ordering one as soon as the digital dash version is available to order around March time. I hasten to add the non digital dash version is great the dials are very nice, I just wanted to be able to have the satnav in my centre vision.

Great car tho, they will sell loads and going back to Skoda after my Yeti and Octavia, and current Nissan Qashqai.
supreme

Post by supreme »

I did test drive also week ago. Just to get the feeling of 1.5 TSI engine. No regrets ordering Karoq. Cant wait for car. Should arrive end of this month as factory had vacation start of this year. My car will be production week 1 :)