Order Times

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Just a quick question please.

I've just (last Friday) placed a factory order for a new SE Drive. Does anyone know how long orders are currently taking? I've been told 12-14 weeks (so I'm assuming mid-April) but I know form other threads that there were quite big delays late last year.

Grateful to hear from anyone who has recently received a factory ordered car.
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The dealer gets a progress sheet from the factory at every stage.
Get him to send you a copy every time he gets updated.
Don't put up with any excuses, any decent dealer worth his salt will do it. After all you have just spent a lot of money with him and in these difficult times of poor sales, he should be very grateful!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

You'll probably find the longest delay is in getting a confirmed build date as that depends on the supply delays for any special options you've added, or the engine/transmission combo. Once it's built, you then get in a queue for a train to Emden, ferry to the UK, and then delivery to your dealer.

Covid can add problems if there are lockdowns etc.

Dealers will have the latest info, and if you get the printed progress sheet, you'll know they're not messing you around. But once they've got your deposit, then they shouldn't have any incentive to be over-optimistic. (Despite pressing for the written details of my order, and its progress sheets, I never did get them from my dealer. But I found that direct messages to Skoda UK's twitter feed very useful in knowing how my order was progressing.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Our order was received at the factory on 28 Sep and the car arrived at the dealers on 5 Nov. The dealer sent us a weekly update as the build/delivery progressed through the system - yours should do likewise.
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Thank you all for your advice / suggestions - really helpful. This is the first time I've ordered a car pre-production so it's all quite weird. It'll seem like a long wait, that's for sure!
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Foxy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 pm Thank you all for your advice / suggestions - really helpful. This is the first time I've ordered a car pre-production so it's all quite weird. It'll seem like a long wait, that's for sure!
I've been doing it for years now as if I'm splashing out on a new car I want to choose the options I want.

If I was happy to buy a standard car, or with the dealer's chosen options, I'd buy a nearly new car!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.