Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I guess they did not ask about keys...

have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

They say: "Although petrol Karoqs suffered more faults than diesels (14% versus 7%), the petrol versions could all still be driven, unlike two-thirds of diesels. The petrols took less time to repair, too. Engine and non-engine electrics were the main troublespots, followed by a small percentage of issues with interior trim. All of the affected cars could still be driven; four out of five were repaired in less than a week, and all work was done under warranty."

So presumably keys were covered?
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

Just an irrelevant comment - I am a subscriber to Which and Land Rover come bottom of the table with them. I had a Discovery in the 90's and loved it, but got rid of it as I'm sure I was financing the Mechanic's holiday every year. I just find it a great pity that they fail to do anything to sort their cars out. I worked at Solihull for quite a few years and had contact from people at Land Rover. The stories I heard about their cars would get me sued if I publicised them. That's why I went to Toyota, then Kia and now waiting for my first Skoda.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I had one of the very first Disco's in '89 (3 door, steel wheels) and apart from the Panhard rod bushes wearing out before it's first M.O.T. (no heavy off road use, inly wet grass Steam rallies!) It was faultless.
I had another (Ford owned LR for a very short period) in 2004, second hand, and again it was faultless.
I am so very sad to say that I would have neither LR or Jaguar products as a present. So sad! Maurice Wilks will be spinning in his grave to see how his wonderful invention has been ruined.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)