1.5 SE L v SE Drive

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
gigolo456

Post by gigolo456 »

Good afternoon All, long story short, has anyone driven both the above trims by any chance? If so, bearing in mind the difference in wheel size, 18" v 17", is the ride noticeably smoother/softer in the SE Drive? I'm potentially buying one or the other in the coming weeks, but weary with the even bigger 19" that the SE L now comes with.. :roll:

Many thanks in advance..
Andrew

caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Reference enquirers question regarding driving a new 2021 model Skoda Karoq with the 19 inch wheels fitted, having been driving my wife’s car now for a month I can honestly say that I have no adverse comments to say about the ride etc that some members have been posting about the bigger wheels having been fitted by Skoda during the build process, for a matter off interest can I ask what brand off tyre has been fitted to other members cars with the 19 inch wheels, there are Bridgestone tyres fitted to my wife’s car which have been fitted to previous cars that I have driven with no complaints, our previous car was a French model & the tyres wore very well great milage, great road holding in the wet & not a noisey tyre on the majority off road surfaces
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My 19" have Bridgestones fitted. The ride comfort depends on your age and the condition of you back! :shock:
If you are 74 with a bad back then I would say the ride is CRAP!
What makes no difference with reference to age or back is the fact that on 19' 40 aspect there is no rubber protruding past the rims. Therefore you are almost guaranteed to curb your front wheels eventually, cost ing APPROX £60 a corner to fettle before you sell it on.
Which is why my Sportline is now shod with 16" 215 60. The ride is vastly improved and the rubber bulges well to protect the rims from gentle curb contact. Consumption and roadholding is as original, the speedo reading is also original as the rolling radius is identical to the 19" 225 40 set up.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
gigolo456

Post by gigolo456 »

No known back problems but I'll be moving from a Golf R with 19s lol!! I appreciate ride is very subjective but does the suspension seem strong enough to handle rough roads, or do you always think its about to break??

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post