Order Delays

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

Hi all,

I ordered a 1.5 Sportline Karoq at the end of September, since then I have been regularly checking for updates via the live chat and found that my vehicle had a provisional build week in November. After checking a few weeks later this was moved back all the way to January and now they are unable to provide me with any build week at all.

I’ve spoke with my dealer and they are also unable to provide me with any further update or timeframe.

Now I understand we are in a pandemic and it’s not the most ideal time to be buying a new car but I feel like I should at least have some idea of when it’s due to be built. If I had this information I would be able to make a more informed decision if to keep waiting or cancel the order.

When placing the order, my dealer reassured me that the car should be here before Christmas. I’m starting to feel like this was just a way of him securing the sale.

My question is, has anyone else experienced any similar delays?

If so, does anyone know if I have a way of cancelling the order and getting back my deposit back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Luke

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

When I ordered my Karoq at the start of June, I was told it would be handed over in September. It wasn't, but that could also be because I updated my order when the MY21 options were announced.

Production rates are slower than normal, but I would have thought orders were also reduced from the amount of advertising Skoda are doing. At least you can be assured that you won't have to pay any import duties after 1st January thanks to the Skoda guarantee.

If you read the small print on the dealer's order form, you will probably find you have the right to cancel your order and get your deposit back if the price is increased. But unless you wrote in that 'Time is of the essence', you will probably not be able to cancel the order now just because of a delayed delivery. But check your dealer's order form to be sure.

Could you switch your order to a prebuilt car that's either already in the country waiting to find a buyer, or on the way, without losing too many of the options you wanted??
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

When my wife ordered her Skoda Karoq at the beginning of August past our dealer told us that the expected delivery date was 1st week December 2020 due to Skoda factory had not returned to full production capacity after the factory production having been severely disrupted by covd 19 but thankfully our car was built 2nd week September & was delivered to our dealer 2nd week October but now it is looking that the factory has been again severely affected by covd 19 so the delay is beyond the control off the factory but I can say is that it will be worth your wait for your new Skoda as I can say that when it eventually arrives with you you will be best pleased with it & health to drive.
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Looks like we were lucky - ordered 12th September and collected on 10th November. Received weekly updates on progress from dealer - he said, on ordering, that he couldn't guarantee any delivery date although there was an estimated handover date of 30th November shown on the order form.
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

I’ve had a call from my dealer today and he confirmed that they are having big delays in the factory - something to do with emissions and the engines not being available.

They told me they have no idea when my car is going to be built and that it’s likely to go on far into next year.

Luckily he was able to offer me my deposit to be refunded or I could change the car to one that has already been built.

Thankfully.. he was able to locate one that is at the port ready to be shipped to the UK that is the exact same as the car I ordered (Sportline with virtual cockpit) but includes heated window screen, heated washer jets and a spare wheel! Costs slightly more but only very marginal difference.

Anyway, he said he would be shocked if it takes 4 weeks to get the car to the dealer and he reassured me that it should be here before Christmas!
I’m now one very happy customer.

But for anyone who is looking to place a factory order be cautious as you could be in for a very long wait by the sounds of things. Mine was the 1.5 DSG - not sure if it’s the same for other motors.

I’ll be sure to upload some photos when it arrives 😄
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

KaroqLuke wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pm I’ve had a call from my dealer today and he confirmed that they are having big delays in the factory - something to do with emissions and the engines not being available.

They told me they have no idea when my car is going to be built and that it’s likely to go on far into next year.

Luckily he was able to offer me my deposit to be refunded or I could change the car to one that has already been built.

Thankfully.. he was able to locate one that is at the port ready to be shipped to the UK that is the exact same as the car I ordered (Sportline with virtual cockpit) but includes heated window screen, heated washer jets and a spare wheel! Costs slightly more but only very marginal difference.

Anyway, he said he would be shocked if it takes 4 weeks to get the car to the dealer and he reassured me that it should be here before Christmas!

But for anyone who is looking to place a factory order be cautious as you could be in for a very long wait by the sounds of things. Mine was the 1.5 DSG - not sure if it’s the same for other motors.

Pleased for you. If it's already in the UK, it would normally only take a few weeks to get it to your dealer, prepped, registered and handed over. But the lockdown may delay that! (Last Friday my dealer phoned to tell me my car had arrived at Grimsby, and we could collect it next Monday. This week he didn't phone to confirm the time of handover, and I've now found all sales staff have been furloughed! Still trying to talk to someone there who knows if they are now working to the 2nd of December!)
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

CJJE wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:45 am
KaroqLuke wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pm I’ve had a call from my dealer today and he confirmed that they are having big delays in the factory - something to do with emissions and the engines not being available.

Pleased for you. If it's already in the UK, it would normally only take a few weeks to get it to your dealer, prepped, registered and handed over. But the lockdown may delay that! (Last Friday my dealer phoned to tell me my car had arrived at Grimsby, and we could collect it next Monday. This week he didn't phone to confirm the time of handover, and I've now found all sales staff have been furloughed! Still trying to talk to someone there who knows if they are now working to the 2nd of December!)

So glad I’ve been able to get something sorted. But like you say, I’m not getting my hopes up too much due to the lockdown. Although the sales staff have been furloughed, the sales manager should still be contactable and providing the car is at the dealers they should be able to do the handover (that’s what my dealer tells me). Not great that they didn’t bother to follow up your appointment. Hopefully you get your new car soon. Sounds like your waiting is almost over.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Hi KaroqLuke,

The Sales Manager phoned me Friday and confirmed that my handover was still scheduled for Monday the 16th, and seemed surprised that I didn't know that! I told him no-one had contacted me all week as he'd said they would, and that I'd texted the sales exec I was dealing with, and that he had my retention form to transfer my personal plate to the new car. All news to him so I forwarded him the email I'd sent two weeks ago! Looks like the sales exec hadn't been allowed to work from home and the sales manager hadn't been talking to him!

So it's looking hopeful as long as he now gets working and sorts things out for Monday :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post