Karoq SE L 70 Plate-Amundsen Infotainment

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

I don’t know if anything will come of it but I have e-mailed both Autocar and What car so will see if they investigate and raise the issue. I can only assume they haven’t actually tried to use the latest MIB3 system when they have tested VAG cars.

1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

Don’t know if will do any good but I have e-mailed both Autocar and What car. I can only assume when they have tested VAG cars with a MIB3 system they haven’t actually tried using the sat nav.
1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

Don’t know if will do any good but I have e-mailed both Autocar and What car. I can only assume when they have tested VAG cars with a MIB3 system they haven’t actually tried using the sat nav.
1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

Had my karoq for 3 weeks and what an absolute dogs dinner this sat nav system is, went on a trip today and the system took me off the main road down a track, then it took me to the town I was going to, but the wrong part of town, suspect it is to do with the changing of post code to co ordinates, was expecting to see the speed limits on the sat nav, but nothing there. I had a sportage before this car and their sat nav system is light years ahead of this European one.....
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Don't forget that residential post codes in the UK can cover an area of several square miles (depending on the housing density) so if you navigate to a residential post code you may be going to the centre of that large area and not even on a road. It's only commercial post codes that can take you to a room in an office building.

From memory, the previous VAG satnav systems asked you to define the road and house number after you'd entered the post code, but the new MIB3 system seems to let you enter the desired address in the form 'house number', 'road', 'town', giving you options as you go.

I've yet to use mine in anger since lockdown, but trial routes to family members seems to get me there without problems.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
RogerJT

Post by RogerJT »

I have just purchased a 70 plate Karoq SE Technology with Amundsen MIB3 and find the "infotainment" system far too complex for my needs. I dont need or want an internet connected system, the Amundsen system in my 16 plate Octavia was simple and adequate for my needs, and I foolishly assumed this one would be the same. A simple satnav plus a decent radio/music system is all I need.
I agree that the search by postcode on the satnav, which results in a response of "Offroad" plus coordinates is totally ridiculous, but Skoda customer care say this was a factory decision because in most of their markets coordinates , not postcodes, are used! What nonsense! If they can manage to fit the steering wheel on the right side of the car for the UK market, why not UK specific satnav software?
I have yet to get the system to retain its knowkedge of me as "primary user". I have apparently registered succesfully using the bizare "two key" ritual, and the screen tells me I have succesfully registered as primary user, yet the next time I use it I get a message saying "This car has no primary user". Since I dont know why I need to be registered as primary user anyway this doesnt matter much, but its annoying having to cancel this message every time I drive the car. Equally annoying is the message advising me of my data security status, and how to change it. Again I havent a clue as to what this means and does, but cancelling the message every time it comes up is a real pain. Does anyone have any idea if any of this can be turned off?
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Hi RogerT,

Unfortunately all modern cars are now virtually computers on wheels, needing thousands of chips to operate.

Hopefully you will have bought your car from a Skoda dealer, who you have just been paid tens of thousands of pounds for your new car. Authorised dealers should have at least one person trained to sort out the problems you are having, and I would expect a far better after-sales service from them.

If they can't be bothered to provide this service, I'd suggest you make a detailed complaint to Skoda UK Customer Services, and find another dealer who understands what customer satisfaction means, and is prepared to put themselves out for you.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
RogerJT

Post by RogerJT »

I did purchase the car from a Skoda dealer, but one that is over 100 miles from my home, as they had this very low mileage car in stock and gave me a good price for my old Octavia.
I will see if the local dealer, who serviced my Octavia for the last four years, can help.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post