Cure for juddery wipers

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Both my 2018 and now 2020 Karoqs suffered from juddery wipers which is very irritating. I have found that simple and effective solution is to thoroughly clean the screen with neat fairy liquid using a SOFT sponge. Hose down the screen afterwards and hey presto smooth quiet wipers.

Thegardener

Post by Thegardener »

My 2018 Karoq also suffered from Juddery front and rear wipers. Not too bad when it was new but gradually got worse. Tried all the cleaning techniques suggested which only provided a temporary cure. Eventually dusted off the credit card and bought a set of Bosch Aerotwin blades from Amazon and problem solved. Definitely worth the £25 or so (which is much cheaper than buying from Halfords).
Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus - Business Grey - spare wheel - Nextbase Dash Cam
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The reason (my) wipers judder and have done on most of my Skodas, is that the blades do not 'flip-flop'.They stay in the angle of attack instead of changing direction on the return sweep.
Yetis had a crafty set up, whereby when you parked the wipers they did a little hop which turned the blades in the opposite direction. Why they stopped using it for the more modern SUVs I don't know.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
The-Geek

Post by The-Geek »

I've just replaced the original Wipers on mine with Bosch twin aero wipers and although its only been a couple of days, it seems to be OK (No juddering at least !) . Time will tell. Only £18 for the front set from amazon.
Current Runaround..... Scout 2.0 TDI 4x4 Manual - Red of course (Any other colour is pointless) ;)
Richiej64

Post by Richiej64 »

My new front set of Bosch wipers arrived this morning. Unfortunately Son No.2 has borrowed my beloved Karoq for weekend while his Clio is fixed so fitting them will have to wait.
Who’d have kids ah ?
Richiej64

Post by Richiej64 »

Wipers now fitted. Waiting for it to rain now. Suspense is killing me.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Try using windscreen washer to ease the mental anguish! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
DSL

Post by DSL »

Bought these, boooooootiful and quiet.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Mine have finally stopped juddering of their own accord at 2800 miles! :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
David J

Post by David J »

Had the exact same issue with the standard cheap wipers which were worn out in 2500 miles . I fitted a set of Bosch Aero and it is so quiet and smooth like night and day difference. Dont get Skoda to fit more of their cheap wipers just go to Halfords or a Motor factor as I got mine for £18 which was half what Skoda wanted .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post