12 month report - Edition 1.5, DSG, 4x4

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Demport

Post by Demport »

Time flies, my Karoq is now 12 months old.

Very happy with performance, with just a few niggles.

* 10,000 miles
* 2 visits to dealer - Dashcam installation and first service
* Current 40.4mpg, having improved from 34.0mpg when new
* Tyre wear: 15% both fronts, 23% both rears
Dislikes
(1) Columbus Navigation
I really tried to get on with, including updating to latest map version.
But poor journey selection, incorrect speed limits / traffic information.
Now using Apple CarPlay
(2) Windscreen wipers were juddery from day 1. Changed to Bosch and problem sorted
(3) Mode selection - very annoying that resets for each journey
(4) No illumination warning for heated door mirrors
* Any regrets? Not really but I still hanker for Emerald Green, unavailable when I ordered
22MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG - 71 registered

Replaced 19MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG 4x4 - 69 registered

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

1. have had arguments with a NZ Mod on the Kodiaq forum regarding incorrect speed limits.
I have had two instances on my regular trips. One time there is a 30mph road within yards of the 60mph road (running parallel ) 2nd one is 60 & 70.On the one when I am on the 60 road it tells me it is 30 and the 2nd one I am on the 60 road and it ells me the limit is 70.
I am of the opinio hat the shown speed limits are NOT linked to the map but is picked up from the sat nav.

2. Juddery wipers. I think it is a VERY large stock of substandard wipers. It has been going on for ages and affects Kodiaqs and Karoqs. The problem is that the blade does not 'flip-flop'. So in one direction the blade is preceeding the metalwork instead of trailing it in both directions.

3. Pain in the Rse! A friend has a 19 reg Golf and his drive selection remains where he sets it all the time. Obviously the 'poor Relation, Skoda does not warrant such finesse!! I have taken it up with SYK and dealer and they claim itcannot be altered.I don't believe the, I do not have an OBD so can't prove it.

4 Agreed.

5 Emerald green.I had an Emerald Karoq. Funniest coloured emerald I've ever seen. Colour chooser obviously colour blind. Notwithstanding, It's quite a nice colour.

6. YES! the bloody awful 'rubber band' (19" 40 aspect) tyres on my Sportline. I am having to spend £300 for some second hand 16 inch wheels with 60 aspect rubber to save A. constant curbing the rims and saving Chiropractors bills. The ride on all but perfect tarmac surfaces is AWFUL!

What IS the ridiculous obsession all European manufacturers have for fitting 'rubber bands' to non sports cars. If you want REAL tyres on an SUV, you have to go Japanese or Korean. I just might next time if Skoda persist with this moronic choice.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
The-Geek

Post by The-Geek »

I agree about the Heated Mirrors... Why can't they just illuminate the heated mirror light when they are on.. It was the same on my previous Fabia, many a time I have left the mirrors on inadvertantly for days on end..

Although I understand what you are saying about wheels and 40' aspect, you did choose the sportline which is the 'sporty' model of the range so the marketing team can't be totally blamed for getting too carried away with wheel choice (they do have their teenage audience to consider !)

Mine is the Scout, which should be the 'off-road' model and they still stuck 19" 45 aspect tyres on it, which although very pretty to look at would be destroyed if you took it any more off road than a muddy field...

Such is the way of car company marketing teams eh.... :-)
Current Runaround..... Scout 2.0 TDI 4x4 Manual - Red of course (Any other colour is pointless) ;)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It was my fault (as stated before) I bought the car due to the colour alone, without doing any research, It did not even occur to me re the rubber bands, I just assumed the would be at least as 'big?' as my Edition tyres (45)
The other bummer is that the rear seats don't slide, so the boot is not big enough for our 2 x 25Kg Lurchers, so one has to go on the back seat.
It was Race blue tick!, heated seats tick, panroof tick. My tired old brain ceased functioning at that point. Still my 16" Alutec wheels with Goodyear Allseasons with 60 aspect, should be coming next week. :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)